Of Funerals and Fish.

Thank you Pearl the reminder very much appreciated. It's a welcomed version of Groundhog Day except for poor Howard, the ordeal of getting grief of the ear and having to endure house arrest from your namesake will be beginning all over again . :(

It does but at two or three episodes a day it doesn't take long . I think its quite strange to watch Series over and over again . I was thinking the other day I have watched Hi De Hi 's last episode and thus witnessed the camp close several times with Peggy jumping in the air shouting Hi De Hi. With LOTSW lost count how many times that wedding has been called off.

As a note, Howard first appeared with Pearl and Marina in a theater production of LOTSW on stage. Later on he danced under a tree with Marina under the goggled-eyed gaze of the trio plus a donkey.

As a note, Howard first appeared with Pearl and Marina in a theater production of LOTSW on stage. Later on he danced under a tree with Marina under the goggled-eyed gaze of the trio plus a donkey.

Which is about as close as he ever gets to Marina

Thinking about Howard and Pearl - where there any little Sibshaws? The Cleggs were childless, the Utterthwaites likewise and the Battys. Was the Water Board putting bromide in the water? Blamire worked for them before the war. Not sure if there were any progeny from the Trueloves. The Wilkinsons had no children so Compo producing a son, even if unknown, was almost unique - ah forgot Wesley.

Appears Nelly was one of the few to have a son , step Forward double OO and a quart Special Agent Half Pint Hobbo ................. well at least he thought he was her son !!

No hint either of any Hemingway minors, nor even further descendants of Robin Hood nor of course Sid and Ivy (Beall?) Definitely not overly procreative apart from the Simmonite relatives - such as Chip. Wonder if Gordon had any children? Of course no patter of tiny feet in a Dewhirst household.

Out of ten married couples there were two children - Glenda and Tom.

Child-less couples

Norman and Edie
Howard and Pearl
Norah and Wally
Sid and Ivy
Seymour and Marjorie
Herbert and the former Mrs Truelove
Barry and Glenda
Clem and Mrs Hemingway

actually only two confirmed bachelors

Foggy
Blamire

Were Compo and Tom's mother ever married? I didn't get the impression that Tom's mother was the woman who "ran off with the fizzin' Pole".

And Tom had a couple of children whom he had mislaid — when we met him, they were old enough to have gone off to "find themselves". No mention of whether he had ever married their mother, though.

Were Compo and Tom's mother ever married? I didn't get the impression that Tom's mother was the woman who "ran off with the fizzin' Pole".

And Tom had a couple of children whom he had mislaid — when we met him, they were old enough to have gone off to "find themselves". No mention of whether he had ever married their mother, though.

I did because that would explain the fact that Compo did not know about the pregnancy and subsequent birth as she had left him.

However it could be a later dalliance - but at least he had a child - it was the others who were married who remained childless.

Tom was supposed to have been the result of a wartime romance, I think. At least that's what is implied when Tom tells the others he was told by his mother that his father had died in the war.

Most of the couples were never mentioned as having children, but it isn't really impossible that they did but weren't ever mentioned. At least some of them, such as Nora/Wally, were never really clear.

Tom was supposed to have been the result of a wartime romance, I think. At least that's what is implied when Tom tells the others he was told by his mother that his father had died in the war.

Most of the couples were never mentioned as having children, but it isn't really impossible that they did but weren't ever mentioned. At least some of them, such as Nora/Wally, were never really clear.

The lack of children in some cases is taken from the novels that were published - three in total. In one of them Norah muses about the lack of children - forget which one.

I always got the impression that Compo's marriage would have been war time, Clegg's was referred to in earlier episodes as such.

Back