Finse

A Few More Finse pictures from today, a lone man on his snowmobile, you cannot see the tracks

Finse022.jpg

The train entering the station
Finse023.jpg

The train leaving, I must admit it was 4 minutes late, yet Virgin East Coast struggle to keep time on a fast train, on a sunny day
Finse024.jpg

Super shots Terry very much appreciated . My appreciation for the photos would only be outstripped if they managed to keep the white stuff to themselves and it does not venture to our shores :)

I had a quick look the line must be blocked and there is a JCB trying to clear a path through for the train . I assume the building to the left is some sort of lodge/hotel because a father and son came out jumped on a snow sledge and took off you can see the tracks in the foreground . Just looking at this has sent my temperature down quite a few degrees going to counter by looking at a Webcam in Tenerife

finse.png

I had a quick look the line must be blocked and there is a JCB trying to clear a path through for the train . I assume the building to the left is some sort of lodge/hotel because a father and son came out jumped on a snow sledge and took off you can see the tracks in the foreground . Just looking at this has sent my temperature down quite a few degrees going to counter by looking at a Webcam in Tenerife

View attachment 1790

The building you mention is the Finse hotel,which gets very busy when there is plenty of snow about, and at certain times of the year can be quiet expensive

just checked and it is all still, lights flashing but track visible so should be running to time. Obviously did not need the snow plough I saw parked up near Newton Abbott yesterday.

Back