SPIKE MILLIGAN

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
BBC4 Tonight from 10-35 to 12-35, ROOM 101 (He asks that Portsmouth be put in)
PLUNDER (He delves into the archives of the B B C)
ASSORTED "Q" (2 half hour programmes of clips from the show):37::03:

Thank you for the information Dick I will be glued don't recall watching Room 101 with him on it obviously old as Paul Merton is the host predating Frank Skinner. I don't recall Plunder either so that will be good to watch . The assorted Q I have seen before but will never miss an opportunity to watch cannot get enough of the sheer lunacy he generates in those shows .

Thursday Captain, Radio 4 extra is broadcasting a very early Goon Show. Not broadcast since it was on the old Home Service Only thing is its 8-30 am. There are Goon Shows scheduled for later in the day but its not said whether its the same episode or not !:confused2::eyesroll:

He was quite frail on Room 101 but there were still sparks of pure quality especially his mention of Ronnie Scott when he took him to see a performance of Chopin's Funeral March . Ronnie Scott was constantly asking him how long the piece was going to go on to which Spike kept replying "There's some time to go" Ronnie leaned over and told Spike " Chopin must have lived £$%&* miles from the Cemetery!!" Priceless. I had never seen Plunder clearly a short lived show but he was excellent on there loved the story about Peter Sellers when they lived close to each other.

Spike grabbed an usherette's type tray and adorned it with matches and match boxes and knowing Sellers was entertaining a lady hammered on his door and asked if Sellers would like to invest in a wood and sulphur related business venture at which Sellers told him where to go . An hour or so later there was a knock at Milligan's door and when he opened it there was Sellers totally naked but for a hat an a brolley on his arm asking if Milligan could recommend a Tailor's shop he could invest in . Sheer brilliance.

I watched the first two pieces , Emma Freud wasn't sure how to take his remark about her "nice knees", and also his references to the rugby streaker. Who afterwards went in a lads mag of the time. Her name is/was Erica Roe !:):fp: I recorded the two Q programmes and will catch them later.;)

Back