Armstrong and Miller - could use some help.

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all, I’m looking for some help about the Armstrong and Miller TV show. Specifically their earlier work around 1997-1998. I would like to buy some DVD’s of their show but am finding confusing information on a few forum pages and Wiki pages.

From what I have gathered they had a series 1 as Armstrong and Miller in ‘97 for Paramount Comedy Channel. Then did a series 2 as The Armstrong and Miller Show in ‘98 for Channel 4. From there they did a few more series (as 2,3,4…) under Channel 4. Simple enough.

The confusing part begins when they started as The Armstrong and Miller Show in 2007 for the BBC labeling them as series 1,2,3… etc. I cannot find if the BBC simply repackaged the earlier content from the other channel and aired them, which I doubt. My thoughts are they created all new content as a whole new show. Does anyone know for sure?

My focus on the earlier stuff is because I believe that Sarah Alexander is in more of their early stuff. I’m a fan of hers and liked her in Green Wing, Smack the Pony, Coupling, Strangerers, Worst Week of My Life.

The DVD’s I have come across for sale on eBay, Amazon, etc do not say if they are from the Paramount / Channel 4 era or the BBC era of the show. Since most of their shows are made up of numerous skits they don’t really have an episode guide to describe them to help me know if I am looking at the wrong discs. If you can help shed some light on things I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Captain. I have seen that set or one like it before. What I don't know is if it is the 2007 (I'm thinking) series, the 1997 series, or if it don't matter because they are the same :confused2: . If only they had named the show and series something different to avoid this.

I may have to buy them some time just to see.

-added-
I just scanned the comments further and saw this. It answers some questions I had:

Feel a bit cheated by this purchase. It isn't actually series 1-3...At least not the original series. They must have moved to the BBC after making 4 seasons with Channel 4. This is technically seasons 5-8 of their show. Very disappointing.

I should have inspected the cover more closely, because it wasn't at all clear that this was not what I assumed that I was getting.

Sorry Rick I didnt read you request clearly enough I can confirm that Armstrong and Miller did indeed move and perform for the BBC so the link to the DVD is definitely the original series 1 to 3 they did for the BBC not a repackage of the shows they performed for the other channels. The only reference to the Channel 4 series on Amazon is series 4 only link below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Armstrong-...472&sr=1-2&keywords=armstrong+and+miller+show

The first two on Paramount [Series 1] and Channel four[Series2] were called Armstrong and Miller . Series 3 and 4 on Channel 4 were called The Armstrong and Miller show which is what they used for the BBC shows hence the confusion. Looking like the only series available on DVD is series 4 from Channel 4 [but its £40 and has an 18 rating ] and of course the BBC shows which are rated 15.

Amazon do advertise a best bits from Series 1 from Channel 4/Paramount but it is not currently available as Amazon do not have an agreement with Channel 4 to broadcast .

Thanks again, captain!

I searched the worldwide option in eBay but did not think to do that for Amazon. You have helped confirm what I was thinking about the show.

Back