sculpture

You are quick on the draw there, noname. I saw it this morn on my news feed and was just contemplating posting it. The sculpture likeness looks better in this picture than the other one I remember seeing. Shame it is taking so long for them to place it.

This has been posted on our Facebook group, people are asking the same thing.

It would be good if something could be sorted out in time for the 20th anniversary, anyway.
Captain Clutterbuck, why do you think it is not a fitting tribute, do you not think it is a very good likeness?

Someone posted some photographs of it on the site when it was first discovered and the likeness is not great [although not in the same vein as that terrible Ronaldo statue] . The angle shown in the article is flattering when face on it looks like he was chasing the Roadrunner , looked up and got hit in the face with an anvil , the eyes are too far apart and it makes his face distorted . The biggest issue I have is it looks like a lump of tatty sandstone they just happened to have lying around and the Sculptor decided to just chip his face in it . He deserves a full statue capturing his most pertinent features the tatty clothes , the string holding the trousers up and of course the infamous wellies.

If you search the threads with Compo Statue Update there is a post showing the statue face on which I hope illustrates my points

Have to agree with you there Captain, Morecambe have a great statue on Eric, Comps should be a similar one.

Back