18 years and I need your help again

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
At the end of this month the website is 18 years of age, it might of been less expensive having a teenager. So once again I am asking for your help with a donation towards the running cost and there is a Paypal link is at the bottom of the main web page https://www.summerwine.net

This also covers the forum which has been running over 10 years and has a great amount of Barmpots who love the show as much as I do. The maps page https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...l=53.789969676798826,-1.6409374954026816&z=10 was updated this year and combining the old and new page it has had over 500,000 visitors.

We have Tony who we keep in the I.T. cupboard in deep darkest Cornwall who keeps everything secure and running smoothly, two great Moderators Pearl and John, Pearl mainly keeps an eye on Dick as it appears he can be troublesome.

We have members stretched around the globe who all have a love for the show and it's cast. Myself I am still in the flatlands of Lincolnshire and only allowed out a couple of times a year, I always see the forum as your forum as much as mine and I hope we can keep it running for many years to come.
Thanks in advance, Terry

Happy 18 to the website! I will donate soon. Thanks for creating and running such a great site on such a great show. :)

edit
Sent in a wee bit. Hopefully enough to buy you some tea and biscuits for the effort. Planning to send in more next time.

Last edited:
Done too, not as much as I'd like to donate but as much as I can afford. This looks like the last remaining LOTSW fan site so can I echo Terry's request and suggest everyone who reads this makes a donation too!

Me done too but wasn't sure how much you call a contribution. First time I've done this in a club so I'm not sure if I contributed enough.

Me done too but wasn't sure how much you call a contribution. First time I've done this in a club so I'm not sure if I contributed enough.

Thank you, I always say what every you feel comfortable with and can afford

I'm sure the people who run this site are probably not close to UK minimum wage for the time and efforts they invest in the site, and for that I'm extremely grateful. Just a suggestion, if you let us know how much the site cost to run each year against how much you raise in fund raising requests such as this, then I'm sure we can all dig deeper if required (like Wikipedia do). I'm sure everyone on the forum doesn't want to lose this wonderful website. Like most things I'm sure only a few pay for the many who enjoy your amazing website.......

I'm sure the people who run this site are probably not close to UK minimum wage for the time and efforts they invest in the site, and for that I'm extremely grateful. Just a suggestion, if you let us know how much the site cost to run each year against how much you raise in fund raising requests such as this, then I'm sure we can all dig deeper if required (like Wikipedia do). I'm sure everyone on the forum doesn't want to lose this wonderful website. Like most things I'm sure only a few pay for the many who enjoy your amazing website.......

We are always very grateful for any amount somebody can afford to send, as far as running cost it is difficult to quantify, besides the many hours put in by Tony and Myself, there is domain cost, hosting cost, security software running on the servers to protect from hacking,which we see daily attempts, added server space for backing up the site and forum, Tony keeps a daily backup so if all else fails we are no more than 24 hours of data loss,every new member has to be manually vetted and so far we have managed to avoid any members joining just to post spam. Some of the site/forum features have annual licence renewals, so thanks for asking and if I was still enjoying the income from work when I started the website all those years ago I would not be asking for members help now but would still try and keep the site running,Terry

Back