A Brief Excursion in the Fast Lane.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
The last of my photos from Sundays walk around Marsden,from the gorgeous hills next to Eastergate Bridge,the last two photos are especially for the Glenda Appreciation Society,
Pete.
STT%201%20008_zpsyztgjquv.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20053_zps5cljhqz7.jpg
STT%201%20009_zps3acoaksv.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20057_zps13nwouuu.jpg
STT%201%20010_zpsqcythjap.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20054_zpsviggxsoq.jpg
STT%201%20011_zps991r7og5.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20055_zps8krixsxh.jpg
STT%201%20012_zpspit1qyob.jpg
S.Wine%20A%20056_zpsrfffc6jf.jpg
STT2%20001_zpsvqbggka7.jpg
STT2%20003_zpsoxgjajlv.jpg

Pete...thanks again for the beautiful photos. The picture with the dry stacked walls is very peaceful looking (but perhaps a little muddy). I am always amazed at the amount of time and effort it must have taken to build all those walls.

How do you find the exact spot of so many of the filming locations? You must have some guidelines or you would be wandering those hills for days!

Wind Power was also filmed here,with Seymour sitting over the water freezing his bits off

Zen we can go home

Pete...thanks again for the beautiful photos. The picture with the dry stacked walls is very peaceful looking (but perhaps a little muddy). I am always amazed at the amount of time and effort it must have taken to build all those walls.

How do you find the exact spot of so many of the filming locations? You must have some guidelines or you would be wandering those hills for days!
Thankyou Dennis :)
Of all the locations I think this is my favourite,its right alongside the Eastergate packhorse bridge as well,It is really beautiful and peaceful,
Can you see in the Wesley photo how the dry stone wall has been rebuilt,usually in the now photos they are in a worse state,otherwise its exactly the same as it was then,
I don't go looking for the locations Dennis,it's the opposite,I'v walked these hills,as well as the Lake District and Peak District for many years,and when I recognise a location while watching an episode,which happens all the time,I take a photo and go to the exact same spot the next time I walk there,to see how its changed,
I feel a connection with the show and characters sometimes,even in busy towns like when I sat next to where Eli was chained,but in places like this even more,when I went to this location there wasn't another person for miles and when I stood where they were holding hands I could almost sense them there,
Thanks again for the post,won't be able to answer any more straight away as going to our (Yorkshires) capital city tomorrow,the ancient Roman and Viking city of York.
Take care x

After our discussion in the other thread thank you so much Pete for posting the photos they are brilliant and radiate the peace you describe. As with the other photos you would never know the locations had been used for filming our beloved series . I hope you enjoy York love going there get really cheap away day tickets from Newcastle quite often, only there two weeks ago however a few weeks before that I had to go to M&S to buy a new shirt after the one I travelled in was unceremoniously taken from me by a Bookie at the Races.

From one of the founder members of the Glenda appreciation society, THANKYOU !! :respect: :respect: The smile on her face says it all!!

Last edited:
Wind Power was also filmed here,with Seymour sitting over the water freezing his bits off

Zen we can go home
You're right Terry I'v got it on dvd as well and forgot about it being filmed there,watched it last night and it still looks the same
seymour%20trio%20001_zpsx74ajhvb.jpg

Back