A Little Misleading

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Scrolling though the Black Friday week of offers on Amazon, we have a Brita Jug, so I thought I would check to see if there was any good deals on the filters, many bought in bulk worked out around £7.00p each, then I spotted this add for a box of 15 and thought that must be a mistake at that price, looking at all the text right at the end is the word single, yes it is not a box of 15 as shown in the picture, just 1 at £9.99 an expensive way of buying them.

Attachments

• BM.jpg
    BM.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 7
I have a Brita kettle that uses filters, I buy mine from Costco works out about £22 for a box of 8 so that lasts 8 months. Honestly can't drink tea from any other kettle now, I'm spoilt!!!

I have a Brita kettle that uses filters, I buy mine from Costco works out about £22 for a box of 8 so that lasts 8 months. Honestly can't drink tea from any other kettle now, I'm spoilt!!!
I'd love to see the reply if you asked Ivy if there was a water filter used in the making of her teas :p

Perhaps that big tea urn she had in the earlier series had an industrial sized Britva filter inside, perhaps not.......

I think there would be some comments flying from the ladies and certain of the men about "filtering water" like "you big tulips" but they were probably oblivious to the practice of our highly esteemed Water Companies :mad:

We use "Zero water" filters & they come with a water tester probe so you know when to replace the filter.
My husband moans at me every time I pay the water bill, he says what we get we filter and I'll only drink bottled water but it's ok we get that from Costco too, £4.39 for 40 bottles. And before anyone starts I recycle the bottles we don't find another use for.

Barry I'm just back from our town centre and I can honestly say its has dead as a door nail! Only 4 weeks to xmas and it's so quiet you can hear a pin drop. We only go in there maybe once every 6 weeks or so because theres only 3 shops that we can't get in an out of town centre but usually this time of year it's packed, not this year however.

The Toon was busy yesterday lots of footfall but of course does that translate into spending who knows . There is a large Xmas market , the local paper gave a heads up on prices be interested in what people think some are reasonable some maybe not but despite lots of people milling around not sure how well its doing .

I think lots of older couples and single older people are getting their shopping early and why i say that is because the darling of the older set , the Cheese Scone , has been selling out at the eateries by the time I get there :( so had to settle for something else .

I think its time to revamp the old favourite , the toasted teacake, which you rarely see and is probably missed by the older set as it was a huge favourite , of course that would benefit the likes of me who can then rock up late and still get a cheese scone but hey surely everyone benefits. :)