A Tale of Two Sweaters

I am fully dressed...in shorts & t-shirt.....might remove the shirt but every time I do people get blinded with the Scottish tan reflecting the sunshine!
Not a pretty sight, I am glad I am nowhere near a mirror!!:p

I am fully dressed...in shorts & t-shirt.....might remove the shirt but every time I do people get blinded with the Scottish tan reflecting the sunshine!
Not a pretty sight, I am glad I am nowhere near a mirror!!:p

No selfie and changing your Avatar then .........................................Please !!!! :30:

On my first family holiday to Arenal in Majorca in the 1960s , I remember my father travelling in a suit , shirt and tie and packing jackets, trousers and suits as they were instructed they would have to dress for dinner , this was July and it was absolutely sweltering , my mother had similar formal suits and dresses ,its totally unheard of now . The other lasting memory was the fact that people smoked on the plane , my father was a smoker and smoked Players Navy Cut there was more clouds inside the plane than out .
Actually I have a picture of my father dressed in coat and tie on a beach; but that was back in the 1930's.

We have a photo of the family when we emigrated to OZ, all dressed up in hats, coats, scarves, jumpers etc. We left London airport (as it was then) in January...Below freezing temps. Arrived in Perth
a day or so later...still in same clothes and promptly MELTED..temp over 100F!

THE ONLY REASON why I ever wear sunglasses is after my eyes have been dilated at the eye docs.

Could NEVER do two sweaters here in southern Arizona's desert. Most people don't even have lawns, as the cost in water alone is prohibitive. Every late September when the temperatures finally FALL to 99F it actually feels cooler. This winter we never HAD a winter; only fell to 32F/0C twice, and only just. It's really sick, I must say! I'm a native New Englander and am better geared to cold.

Hey Andrew, sounds like Arizona is even hotter than Perth, West OZ...You poooooooor thing!:cheek:

Actually just finished watching this episode as it is the last one on the final DVD set I have. Now watched everything up to that point once again.
Next DVD set comes out next month here, starting with "Doggy" but the final 2 series with Hobbo have not been advertised here yet.
I have them anyway as HD videos on my computer and seen them several times so I am not missing anything!:37:.

Might have to rewatch FIRST of the summer wine again!:)

LOL Thanks Brian!
Aye, last summer when we were hitting 116F (47C) there was one day when TWO foreign tourists died from the heat and sudden dehydration while out hiking in the desert....and they weren't even together. Different people, different areas of the city, unrelated to each other except the day and manner of their tragic, untimely demise.

On a lighter (cooler?) note, I only wish we could get the second series of First OTSW released on Region 1 for the US/Canada. First one was released 4 years ago, no sign I'm aware of for the second. I feel incomplete....

Andrew, I am here in Durham NC and I have both series of FOTSW as
AVI files which should play in any region, I believe. Comments?
Corrections?

The whole series of FOTSW has been posted on their Facebook page and is available to be viewed.

I would like to resurrect this old post if may as I've tonight watched this episode as my chosen Christmas special.

I know later episodes tend not to get discussed anywhere near as the earlier ones but I'd like to make a few points I love about this episode and perhaps others can give their views on it;

I - It was the last ever Chrismassy LOTSW
II - You get to see inside Alvins house for the first time, I think it looks one of the best in the series and I love the way it's been tastefully converted from Compo's scruffy home
III - It was the only time I can recall where Auntie seemed to genuinely nice cooking Smiler & Tom a lovely dinner
IV - Nora seems to smile in the episode more times than I can recall, and the ladies all seem full of Christian spirit (well as far as they can!)
V - I love the ways all the men come together keeping each other company on Christmas day
VI - It's lovely to see Clegg covering for Howard without having to be asked.

Overall IMO a really great episode which has to be up there with one of my all time favorites.......

Back