A walk on the Summer Wine hills.

Pete.

Dedicated Member
Just a few photo's to share with you from a recent short walk up the hills used quite a lot over the years,the scenes are from Who's that talking to Lennie,The Glory Hole,and Spores.
The next walk I have planned is up to that beautiful area where they filmed Glenda on the red motorbike in A brief excursion in the fast lane.
Pete.
April%2015%20001_zpsjb1hlvb6.jpg
April%2015%20032_zpskd6ur3fs.jpg
April%2015%20002_zps66mcxfwm.jpg
April%2015%20055_zpsvhhvk8t6.jpg
April%2015%20013_zpsn03qwqgv.jpg
April%2015%20045_zpshpgckgho.jpg
April%2015%20011_zpsj29muohf.jpg
April%2015%20053_zpsvkp8ll9i.jpg
April%2015%20010_zpstobr7fnz.jpg
April%2015%20036_zps9r5driba.jpg
April%2015%20012_zpsouqf9jyw.jpg
April%2015%20049_zpskmnghpsi.jpg
April%2015%20014_zpsbrllhrxc.jpg
April%2015%20031_zpsvnxeeo8i.jpg

Just a few photo's to share with you from a recent short walk up the hills used quite a lot over the years,the scenes are from Who's that talking to Lennie,The Glory Hole,and Spores.
The next walk I have planned is up to that beautiful area where they filmed Glenda on the red motorbike in A brief excursion in the fast lane.
Pete.

Some more great photos, looks like the stone walls in the first two pics have been sat on a lot in the intervening years.

I always look forward to your posts :D
Thanks Pearl :)
I'm sometimes hesitant to put them on because I think I put too many on sometimes,I go on lots of these walks and always take some then and now photo's for myself,and l like to share them sometimes,especially for the forum members who can't get up in the hills,
My next walk though won't be till my next leave in about six weeks,I'v got some great shots lined up with Glenda on her motorbike,and Wesley,and a few others,and a couple in her leathers just for dick :)
Have five long night shifts now so won't be able to answer or acknowledge anyone,thanks for the comments.

Some more great photos, looks like the stone walls in the first two pics have been sat on a lot in the intervening years.
I thought exactly that when I visited them in person ferret,
I am really tempted the next time I go to try and rebuild it as best I can,all the stones are there,they've just fallen onto the floor.

Pete.

I love this shot because of the chaffinch that sings away in the background, cant wait for the "Glenda" locations!! ;) ;) :22:[/QUOTE]
That's what strikes me every time I go to these locations dick,the total silence except for the singing of the birds,
when I visited that location when I put the get well Amos signs up,I could have stayed there all day listening to the birds singing.
I have some Glenda in leathers photo's lined up just for you when I go to the red motorbike location when next on leave.

A walk on the Summer Wine hills

Thank you for posting these great photos . As I said before you would never know that one of the UK TV's iconic comedy series was shot at these locations . If anyone didn't enjoy the show [hard to believe] they would surely appreciate the beautiful scenery .

Great shots and how little the scene has changed; principally it seems the wooden fences behind the dry stone walls have occasionally arisen and some left!

Thanks Pearl :)
I'm sometimes hesitant to put them on because I think I put too many on sometimes,I go on lots of these walks and always take some then and now photo's for myself,and l like to share them sometimes,especially for the forum members who can't get up in the hills,
My next walk though won't be till my next leave in about six weeks,I'v got some great shots lined up with Glenda on her motorbike,and Wesley,and a few others,and a couple in her leathers just for dick :)
Have five long night shifts now so won't be able to answer or acknowledge anyone,thanks for the comments.

No don't hesitate we love seeing them, keep them coming. There a lot of members who live abroad and never get a chance to see these places so you're doing a community service, there may be a grant from the council in it :D

Thankyou so much for your kind comments everyone,I'v been away from the site for a few weeks but am out walking again next week,lots of photos to take around Marsden from A brief excursion in the fast lane,Adopted by a stray,the Foggy trio around Marsden and others.
Amos,the first photo I post,of your favourite character Clegg,on his own,with a quote,is especially for you,keep up the fight.

First of all let me just say that all of the photos are just wonderful. It is truly amazing to see these locations in their natural beauty. And I have a question. All of those screen shots seem to have red tones. I suppose that there is a perfectly logical technical reason why these red tones occur and in a sense they lend a type of ethereal effect.

First of all let me just say that all of the photos are just wonderful. It is truly amazing to see these locations in their natural beauty. And I have a question. All of those screen shots seem to have red tones. I suppose that there is a perfectly logical technical reason why these red tones occur and in a sense they lend a type of ethereal effect.

I suspect the red tone pictures where photo's taken from the TV screen making them look unreal in the colours

Thankyou so much for your kind comments everyone,I'v been away from the site for a few weeks but am out walking again next week,lots of photos to take around Marsden from A brief excursion in the fast lane,Adopted by a stray,the Foggy trio around Marsden and others.
Amos,the first photo I post,of your favourite character Clegg,on his own,with a quote,is especially for you,keep up the fight.
A photo just for me. Oh thank you. You are too kind.

Back