And Here is the Weather.

My Mum's house seems to have the answer she has air ducted heating , which also has an air condition function during any period we have excessive heat . It is clear they thought about it when the house was built in the late sixties /early seventies but I would think , without doubt, in all the houses around her they ripped out that system and replaced with radiators at the earliest opportunity.

My Aunt sent me a picture of her garden with a foot or two of snow this morning, Facebook has informed me we're getting snow later but the BBC have assured me we're not!

My Aunt sent me a picture of her garden with a foot or two of snow this morning, Facebook has informed me we're getting snow later but the BBC have assured me we're not!

There will be no Hurricane (sez Michael Fish ):08::confused:

Here in DC it is still unseasonably warm -- 63F (17.2C). So warm that the leaves never did turn to brilliant reds and yellows, most of them went straight to brown.

Was a HORRENDOUS 90F / 32.2C last weekend here in the Arizona desert of the SW USA. HATE it. :eek2:
Nowadays only hitting about 72F / 22C most days but will be another stupid 82F / 28C tomorrow.

I've already decided there is no way I will retire here.

Was a HORRENDOUS 90F / 32.2C last weekend here in the Arizona desert of the SW USA. HATE it. :eek2:
Nowadays only hitting about 72F / 22C most days but will be another stupid 82F / 28C tomorrow.

I've already decided there is no way I will retire here.

I have a cousin who worked on the roads in AZ in all weathers, his skin was like dried leather

Today we have 6c but feels like 4c. Honestly didn't understand why they just don't say 4c, if that's what it feels like then surely thats what it is!

Today we have 6c but feels like 4c. Honestly didn't understand why they just don't say 4c, if that's what it feels like then surely thats what it is!

I agree feel like 4c to whom?? As someone who does not own a coat and goes out regardless of the weather in shirt sleeves it would feel a lot warmer than 4 degrees whereas for others it may well feel cooler than even 4 degrees . Where do they derive the yardstick to what the temperature feels like? Do they set up a room with some volunteers and set the various levels and ask their reaction .

If everyone is different, in terms of feeling the cold or warmth , how do they decide , show of hands , colour of their nose who knows . I imagine there is some scientific process that allows them to predict the real feel , they predict everything else as I alluded to in a previous thread having questioned the Met Office before regarding the Forecast [ trending data plus two actual updates at 04:00 and 16:00 = Weather Forecast and all for the bargain price of £900 million a year]

Today we have 6c but feels like 3c so it' 3c. Anyone see the super moon last night?
I help run an autism group and we have people commenting that a full or super moons makes their childrn worse and had people quite forcefully ridiculing it. It got quite heated at times. Those of us sitting back and watching the heated arguments made the comment that the people getting the most aggressive were the ones that are usually very mild mannered. It made us wonder if there is anything in it!.

Lots of theories online , one of the most interesting revolves around that this fuller moon impacts the seas regarding tidal shift because the gravitational pull is greater with the Moon being closer. In a similar way it impacts the water in our bodies shifting it in such a manner to cause imbalance which could impact on behaviour.

When put like that it's understandable but we were getting horoscope theories of the Tales of the Unexpected type.

Ummm.....sorry to burst the internet intelligentsia (Dummiss conspiritatus) but even a modicum of astrophysical knowledge will show this "extra" gravitational pull "theory" is Krapp!
I recommend "Astrophysics for those in a hurry" by Neil DeGrasse Tyson as a starting point in learning what is REALLY happening in the physical world as opposed to all the nonsense, flat earth type
dross that is pedaled on the net.

Sorry, but I prefer real science to uneducated mishmashed half truths and bullsh*t

Steps down from soapbox, picks it up and runs away before the lynch mob arrive!:33:

Don't get me started on the flat earth mob. I joined one of their groups on Facebook and was totally freaked out by the utter stupidity of their theories.

I want to say more but I'm off to ask the boss for permission first.

Religious post warning. Those easerly offended look away now.

Those flat earthers are totally bonkers. I joined a group on Facebook, mainly because I wanted a laugh but they are total fruit loops. They're anti atheist with a passion. I'm atheist so I expect to get knocked on these groups but the utter hatred of atheits is astounding. Apparently we worship the devil, excuse me but the point of being an anthist is that we DON'T worship anything, and we're all going to be sorry when we're in hell, which we also don't believe in so thats fine. If you want I really good laugh join a group called Christians Against Dinosaurs, those crazy cats are a real jolly bunch and again it's all down to atheist bashing. I always thought real Christians were good, honest accepting people and mostly they are but there an awful lot extrmists out there and most are on Facebook.

Back