Another Slip Up

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Revisited FOSW and noticed in one episode, Foggy's mum called him Graham, which is odd as Roy Clarke wrote both series, so how could his name be so wrong

When I worked I answered to every variation of Richard you could think of. If any were used in earshot of my wife , she would immediately say "His name's Richard !":08::20:

I think I recall her doing that as well and finding it odd. Possibly a slip up or an 'in joke' between the two that never got the context fleshed out. For example if he had been listening to a Western show on the radio earlier and as he goes outside his Mom might say "Okay Wild Bill you be back by tea time". Do you remember which episode?

I think I recall her doing that as well and finding it odd. Possibly a slip up or an 'in joke' between the two that never got the context fleshed out. For example if he had been listening to a Western show on the radio earlier and as he goes outside his Mom might say "Okay Wild Bill you be back by tea time". Do you remember which episode?

It was Episode 1 of Series 2 "Not Thee Missus" when they went shopping at the Co-op for warm pajamas.

Just noticed this one and yes I recall being puzzled.

But there again I was regularly called Roy by one neighbour, Ron by another or Rob - can only assume their hearing was deficient or my speech was slurred. Should have stuck to Rodney and got the universal response - you plonker!

Got called other things as well but will not print them here as this is a family show ....

Back