Anyone into Classic Film Scores

D

DAJ36

I just wondered if anybody here likes classic film scores by composers such as Bernard Herrmann, Miklos Rozsa ,Max Steiner and Jerry Goldsmith.

Yes you're right there George, All the Hitchcock movies, the old epics like Ben Hur and El Cid were good films in their own right but made even better with the great film scores that accompanied them.

I was watching Jason and the Argonauts the other day and what a fantastic score it has by Bernard Herrmann.

It may sound a bit twee compared to those mentioned but the music in 633 SQUADRON still stirs me . :D

It may sound a bit twee compared to those mentioned but the music in 633 SQUADRON still stirs me . :D

The music in 633 squadron is suitably rousing and fits the mood of the film perfectly.

Ron Goodwin is a great film composer and he composed the music for Where Eagles Dare, Operation Crossbow, The Battle of Britain and The Day of the Triffids.

Yes, the 'Magnificent Seven' and 'Sons of Katie Elder' themes were classics. You would probably like the music from 'Red River' by Dimitri Tiomkin the guy who is famous for his High Noon music and the music from 'The Kentuckian' and 'The Garden of Evil' both by Bernard Herrmann.

Like Compo I'm a huge John Wayne fan first and Cowboy films second.I lived the theme to The Big Country

The music in 633 squadron is suitably rousing and fits the mood of the film perfectly.

Ron Goodwin is a great film composer and he composed the music for Where Eagles Dare, Operation Crossbow, The Battle of Britain and The Day of the Triffids.
;D ALL FILMS I'D WATCH AGAIN AND AGAIN AND ALSO GEORGES WESTERNS!

:-[ Confession time.....I read the Rover and Wizard comics as a boy and a series called "I Flew With Braddock" about the pilot of a Mosquito fighter bomber was featured weekly. This really grabbed my imagination and since then I've had a thing about the Mosquito! I got to see the last flying plane some years ago at Finningley and was gutted when it crashed :'( (Not only for the lost plane of course!!)

Back