April 2014 Ask George

How would you compare the regional differences in sense of humour in this country?
What do you think makes a Londoner laugh?

Over the last 10 years or so I seem to have lost interest in music.I used to like metal with Guns n Roses were my favourite band.
I'm hoping to get back to watercolour painting.I wasn't very good but I did enjoy it and I once sold a picture I did for a fiver.

Guns and Roses eh? :respect::respect:

Hello George,
Not a question but, my wife loves your jokes on Facebook!!! She is the Facebook operator in the family, she gives me updates on what is going on with all our friends.We will be lying in bed before bedtime and she will looking at her phone and just start busting out in laughter. I'm like "what?" she'll say "George!!" then read the joke to me.
She has a stressful job and its nice to hear her have a good belly laugh and wind down for the evening.
Thank you for your post, they do good work that man!!;D

Darin

Hello George,
Not a question but, my wife loves your jokes on Facebook!!! She is the Facebook operator in the family, she gives me updates on what is going on with all our friends.We will be lying in bed before bedtime and she will looking at her phone and just start busting out in laughter. I'm like "what?" she'll say "George!!" then read the joke to me.
She has a stressful job and its nice to hear her have a good belly laugh and wind down for the evening.
Thank you for your post, they do good work that man!!;D

Darin

That's really nice to know Darin,thank her for me.

George, sorry haven't been on in a few days. Just read your reply to my question. I also watch everyday. On rainy days, it is a marathon also going back to the early days. After I have gone thru the series I have on DVD I hit the You Tube and before I finish watching what I have, I miss Compo and go back to Blamire! My husband also likes the show, I too think I wear him out when he says on Marathon Days,"Why don't we watch the news!"

You had mentioned that you are going to start doing watercolor paintings. Are there any that you can post here for us to see? Don't be shy now. :)

Hello George, if you were Prime Minister for a day and you could make three changes that would affect the lives of us all what would they be ??

Hello George, if you were Prime Minister for a day and you could make three changes that would affect the lives of us all what would they be ??

Excellent question.
I think I would put more money into the NHS and give nurses a good pay rise.
I know nothing about politics so I don't want to cause any rows but there are a lot of hard working people on the breadline and to me that's not rght

[QUOTE there are a lot of hard working people on the breadline and to me that's not right[/QUOTE]

I agree George. Here in the states they call low income, with a full time job " the working poor." :unhappy: My brother- in- law drives a bread truck. works very hard, getting up at 1AM to start his route. Yet they still qualify for food stamps. It is a shame that the wages companies are paying people and they cannot get by. :( . upsets me to see how my sister,had to go food bank. They are doing better now, but still struggling, with 3 kids. Ages 11,8 and 7. Their income was $42 too much to get food stamps. Wow a big $42 richer a month.:'(

Last edited:
George,who would you pick if you had the chance to sit down and have a chat with one of them and why would you choose this person

1. Roy Clarke
2. Alan Bell
3. Bill Owen

George,who would you pick if you had the chance to sit down and have a chat with one of them and why would you choose this person

1. Roy Clarke
2. Alan Bell
3. Bill Owen

Great question Terry.
I think it would be Roy Clarke.I tried a bit of writing years ago and know how hard it is,but to do it as much and so consistently well for so long is genius..He must be permanently listening to and observing people.
Mind you he's probably a nightmare to try and have a conversation with because of it

I also liked your answer George. If you were to sit down with your favorite trio in a pub, what one question would you ask each of them? Could be personal or about the show.

I also liked your answer George. If you were to sit down with your favorite trio in a pub, what one question would you ask each of them? Could be personal or about the show.

What an excellent (but difficult) question.
Bill Owen-Is there anything about the way he played Compo that he would change
Peter Sallis - Do you think the show went on too long?
Brian Wilde - Did he ever regret Leaving the show,the first time.
Cleggy - Did you never regret not thumping Howard

Back