Arise Dame Nellie!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian Johns, Jun 17, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. BruceC

BruceC Active Member

Both of them well over due and well earned!!!
    Be interesting to see what Billy thinks of his!

Maggie Jones likes this.
  2. Maggie Jones

Maggie Jones Well-Known Member

Yes that must be the one Marianna as I thought I remembered her wearing a tiara. Many years ago that was.

3. Marianna

Marianna Well-Known Member

That must have been the ambassador's wife. I just looked at each of the Bird's Eye ads. They're all fun.

Maggie Jones likes this.
  4. Maggie Jones

Thanks very much for the info. I think in the one advert she wore a tiara - but I may be mistaken. I'll take a look at the link you sent. Thanks once again.

5. captain clutterbuck

captain clutterbuck Well-Known Member

She has been in a few Carry On's the one you are thinking of Maggie is Carry on Girls , the most popular one was probably Carry on Abroad . June did a series of adverts for Birds Eye remember them well, did two for Chicken Pie one as Ambassador's wife and one as a Vicar's Wife http://www.uktvadverts.com/home/Search.aspx?artist=227 is a link which lists them and in each item you can click that takes you to the advert on You Tube if you want to journey down memory lane.

6. Maggie Jones

So pleased for June Whitfield! Does anyone remembet her in an advert whete she was entertaining guests with what looked like a home made pie (chicken I think) but it was really a Bird"s Eye frozen pie? And remembet her in the Carry On film about the seaside beauty pagent. I can't remember the title at the moment.

captain clutterbuck likes this.
  7. Electrical Entwistle

Electrical Entwistle Well-Known Member

I first remember seeing June in a Carry On movie. She is very talented so a much deserved honour indeed. :18:

Maggie Jones likes this.
  8. RickAns

RickAns Well-Known Member

Good for her. I remember first seeing her in the Absolutely Fabulous series as Edina's mom.

Maggie Jones likes this.
  9. dick

dick Well-Known Member

I remember her from 1950's Radio Shows I am amazed at her stamina !:36::03:

Maggie Jones likes this.
  10. Andrew D

Andrew D Well-Known Member

Hey, wonderful news! :)

Maggie Jones likes this.
  11. happyjack

happyjack Well-Known Member

I agree with the Captain long overdue. Well done June.

Maggie Jones, maltrab and dick like this.
  12. captain clutterbuck

captain clutterbuck Well-Known Member

Long overdue for June she has been a stalwart of British Comedy and starred in some of the great shows for decades, truly appropriate and well deserved.
    NB Does Hobbo now have to refer to her as Ma'am Mum

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  13. Brian Johns

Brian Johns Well-Known Member

Pleased to just see that June Whitfield has been made a Dame in the latest honours list!

Billy Connolly has received a knighthood as well.

Much deserved!:18: