Barry's Many Cars

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
Barry must have been a fan of changing cars as he seemed to have a new car each series!!!

I'd be interested to see how many he had during his tenure, can anybody name any of them? In series 27 for example he drove a silver VW Polo

I think the reason for this in the later episodes,each year they filmed his car was leased for short term, they would cram in any filming involving his car, then return it, keeping the cost down as the budget was being squeezed

Barry must have been a fan of changing cars as he seemed to have a new car each series!!!

I'd be interested to see how many he had during his tenure, can anybody name any of them? In series 27 for example he drove a silver VW Polo
Good question that Barry. I have often wondered why he kept changing his car.:rolleyes:

I'm normally quite good on car types but I've absolutely no idea what his car was here when we saw him for the first time on Uncle Of The Bride? Can anyone enlighten meScreenshot 2019-08-11 at 14.24.12.png

Didn't he have a Volvo for a little bit? I think it was also used as a donor motor for one of Wesley' experiments - Heavily Reinforced Bottom. I recall Wesley walking about a Volvo motor.

He did seem to have several vehicles which got nicer as the series went on. The mention of them being lease vehicles to the filming studio makes sense.

Didn't he have a Volvo for a little bit? I think it was also used as a donor motor for one of Wesley' experiments - Heavily Reinforced Bottom. I recall Wesley walking about a Volvo motor.

He did seem to have several vehicles which got nicer as the series went on. The mention of them being lease vehicles to the filming studio makes sense.
I can't remember seeing Barry in car in that episode. I know that the BBC really cut the budgets as time went on, but as Barry didn't really do anything too wild in his car maybe one of the crew perhaps lent them for filming?

Back