BEWARE

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
We have had three phone calls today allegedly from Amazon. They wanted details of our account which guarantees quick delivery. While they have you on the phone they take your details and transfer money from your account into theirs. They are scammers and have robbed people up and down for at least £400, 000. Luckily my wife is wise to this type of thing and blocked their numbers and passed the info onto Amazon. This is the second time we have had people try to pull a fast one on us but my boss is not easily fooled. So, they didn't get any of our money and we are still millionaires. Well, we will be in thousand years time.

Our local police fraud watch sent emails out today,warning folk about this Amazon scam, the scammers seem to do well from this type of scam then move onto the next one, hanging comes to mind if they ever catch them

When I get time I do something call 'scam baiting' basically I play along with the calls for as long as possible, giving them fake details on the phone. The other week I spent nearly 5 minutes giving them a made up credit card number slowly !!!

The way I look at it, If keep them on the phone wasting their time, that's some vulnerable person they're not conning!

When I get time I do something call 'scam baiting' basically I play along with the calls for as long as possible, giving them fake details on the phone. The other week I spent nearly 5 minutes giving them a made up credit card number slowly !!!

The way I look at it, If keep them on the phone wasting their time, that's some vulnerable person they're not conning!
Good idea Barry. It would be fun to give them a number that went on and on to see at which point they gave up and put the phone down.:31:

I had calls from the same voice, different name & company demanding that I immediately GO TO MY COMPUTER, SIGN ON, AND ALLOW THEM TO TAKE OVER. The excuse was that they needed to give me a refund because (of some reason) and that was the ONLY WAY the refund could be processed. I fell for it once but never again. They quit calling after I said very firmly, "If you wish to give me a refund, just send the check."

On another note: don't order from catalogs that you don't recognize. Only order from well known companies. When you place an order, you could also be opening yourself to scam fodder.

Back