Box Set due in December

There's three individual 'mini sets' similar to the Bread release a little while back. 'Series 1-12' together in box 1, 'Series 13-24' in box 2 and 'Series 25-32' in the third one. I used the '_' as the misnumbering mistake from earlier sets continues.
Thank you, it sounds like a better way out then the Frost set.

It is nice to have the ability to cherry pick an episode or two you wish to watch with owning the boxed set rather than rely on UKTV . The episodes are all over the place at the moment, the other day they had a rare outing of Hobbo's First episode only to return to series 14 in the following episode with Series 14 continuing throughout the week. Clearly they have acquired the rights to Dr Who and someone is messing about with the Tardis.

Does anyone have any experience with the Complete box set yet? I am so very tempted, I see the price is around 100BP / 150USD. Sorry smeg toaster you will have to wait some more - but that is a topic from another thread. :42:

From what I gather reading the comments there are no booklets with it describing the episodes or photos. The discs are just labeled by series without an episode list. That series 9 is mislabeled as 9 & 10 so all the discs past that are labeled as series plus 1. For instance series 12 is really series 11 and so on. How they could have let something like that slip by them is beyond me. Not having an episode list will make it tough for those not super familiar with the show.

Some posters from May and April of 2018 say that the Christmas episodes are all on the last disc or two. Not with the series that they actually aired. Which is great to know because I am still missing a special or two. At least I am hoping all the Christmas specials are there. The reviewer just stated that it had Christmas specials, not which ones or if all were included. The pilot episode Of Funerals and Fish is on one of the last discs as well. Apparently that episode was unreleased until 2016.

Going by the lack of extras they seem to have avoided putting into the box set I doubt that they have done any digital remastering in an attempt to clean up earlier episodes. I plan to get the region 2 discs to avoid any PAL to NTSC field blended interlace conversion mess that tends to get done as shows cross the pond. That’s a gripe for another forum. :20:

The description for the box set says 295 episodes. After a quick glance of my compiled episode list I count 267 normal episodes including the pilot. Plus at least 31 more Specials / Christmas episodes. Which brings the count to 298. That does not include ‘30 Years of’, not sure I counted Christmas Featurette 2 in there either plus any other I may have overlooked.

All in all it will still be great to have as much of the LotSW content in DVD format and on my HTPC. Which will be better than some of the youtube quality content of the episodes I have been watching. I will let you all know when I do order them and get my hands on it what all is included.

Cheers,
Rick

From what I can gather I don't think they've ever DRed any of Summer Wine, I know some episodes would greatly benefit from it. I was going to buy it myself as the price has come down but to be honest I think I'll hold on and see it they do DR it at some point. I'd like to see it released in sequence from Of Funerals and Fish and with all the xmas episodes in order, I'd also like to be 5'9 and married to Johnny Depp but I don't suppose that will happen either.

The description for the box set says 295 episodes. After a quick glance of my compiled episode list I count 267 normal episodes including the pilot. Plus at least 31 more Specials / Christmas episodes. Which brings the count to 298. That does not include ‘30 Years of’, not sure I counted Christmas Featurette 2 in there either plus any other I may have overlooked.

My list of all episodes is 295. That includes all the Christmas specials except "The Funny Side of Christmas" and it does not include "30 Years of Last of the Summer Wine" or any of the interviews, tributes, or biographies included on the USA sets. So the boxed set appears to include all of the regular episodes aired including the Christmas and New Year's specials.

Thanks, will let you know.

edit added

I did it! Found a new set on ebay for a discount because a few cases were a little cracked. The DVD's are all fine which is my main concern. The cases can be replaced easily enough. They should be here by July 10th I'm hoping. So looking forward to it.

With money saved I also ordered the set of Rising Damp DVD's. Been ages since I've seen that.

Pearl, is that 5'9" with heels or flats? ;)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="RickAns, post: 210549, member:

Pearl, is that 5'9" with heels or flats? ;)[/QUOTE]
I'd have to wear 7 and half inch heals to be 5'9

Last edited:
Old George did an Episode list in order..Just basic titles no descriptions. It is on the main forum under Episode Guide. He even included the titles of First Of The Summer Wine. :)

I miss old George.

Those sort of prices are why piracy is so big...

100 blank DVD's $15.00
Bulk tower DVD burner $200 (can do 11 at a time)...

Theres gold in them thar hills...

Back