Busking

The most bizarre busker I have witnessed albeit it was Christmas and he was collecting for charity was "Mick Lewis silent tambourine player all songs considered most played requests accepted." He played in the main street in Newcastle and people were shouting all sorts Led Zeppelin Rolling Stones and he duly shook and motioned banging the tambourine which was just the wooden frame no skin , no bells . The novelty value drew the crowds and as it was for Charity the crowds cheered every " song" . I hope he earned loads as it was a novel approach to busking . We also have a great guy who plays slap bass with a backing track and he gets a lot of people standing around . I have an acquaintance who plays in a band in pubs and clubs but busks to keep his hand in . He is an absolute star blues "harp" player and singer he also deservedly gets big crowds I have seen him and the band countless times .

I wish the one in our city centre was silent, he plays his backing music via speakers at full volume, walk near him today and had to put my fingers in my ears, my tinnitus is going crazy now.

Back