Clegg's house is for sale

WOW!! Look at the price!

If I win the Lotto this week I'll buy it and you can all come round for tea ;D

I Spotted a for sale sign at the bottom of the lane the other day, I said to myself I must look to see what house is being sold when I get back to a computer,and guess what,I forgot all about it,so well done aha55all in bringing it to our attention,nice house though a lot of stairs to climb

Seems such a strange layout. Why are houses like this with three levels only containing one bedroom?. A lot of space to fit another one with a bit of work. :)

Looks great , so well appointed and a beautiful garden. Will make a very nice home for some lucky family.They wont even have to worry about Howard talking through the letterbox anymore :D :D

Crumbs don't they have a lot of windows !!

From what I've read they used to be weavers' cottages. The upper rooms used to be the workshops, where they needed a lot of light, hence all the windows.

The big question is, though, where can I get £215,000 from?

Ah yes that would explain them, sorry can't help with the money !! it does seem an awful lot.

I think it is most fans dream to live in Holmfirth, but to actually own a characters house would be even better.

The Euromillions is a £100-million rollover, I believe, this Friday. Are most people taking part then?

Seems such a strange layout. Why are houses like this with three levels only containing one bedroom?. A lot of space to fit another one with a bit of work. :)

As stated they would have been used for weaving. In the Pennies there area lot of three or even four storied houses; some with bits known as under-dwellings or over-dwellings where part of the house is on top of some one else's. The main examples are found in Hebden Bridge but there are some examples in Holmfirth - the most noted one for us being Norah and Compo's which have some complex arrangement which is why Compo's front door is under Norah;s but his bedroom window is to one side not far from her kitchen window..

I would only want to live in Clegg's house if it looked the same as when he lived there. It does look nice in the photos, but it would feel strange.

As stated they would have been used for weaving. In the Pennies there area lot of three or even four storied houses; some with bits known as under-dwellings or over-dwellings where part of the house is on top of some one else's. The main examples are found in Hebden Bridge but there are some examples in Holmfirth - the most noted one for us being Norah and Compo's which have some complex arrangement which is why Compo's front door is under Norah;s but his bedroom window is to one side not far from her kitchen window..

Alan Bell's recent book indicates that arrangement was a fiction of the show and not the real situation. The window Compo was always filmed in is much further down the building. They just made it look like Nora was looking up to a window on the same level as her front door but to the side. If you watch carefully you'll see that they never show Nora looking up at Compo in the same shot - they keep cutting back and forth between the two.

How lovely, don't like the bathroom though, that would have to go!!
So if I win the lotto, I shall invite you all for losw theme parties, where we all dress up in charachter.
Who would you be!!! I think I will go for Nora, those wrinkled stockings and slippers, gorgeous

So if I win the lotto, I shall invite you all for losw theme parties, where we all dress up in charachter.
Who would you be!!! I think I will go for Nora, those wrinkled stockings and slippers, gorgeous
Well as you can see in my photo I would be Cleggy dressed as Mrs.Corporal Sign Writer. 8) Thanks for the invite. ha ha.

I would have to be Compo.

Back