Compo Knit Hat

nccoatney

I am addicted to Last of the Summer Wine. I am addicted to yarn. They collide, and this is what happens. I looked through as many pictures of Compo as I could find. I only really saw 3 different style hats that he wore, though I may have missed some. This is my favorite, so I made a pattern from looking at pictures.

This is the link to buy the hat...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/93925722/compo-hat

And here are a couple of the pictures, plus one of the reference photos I used.

022602950940_02__medium2.jpg

022602950940_01__medium2.jpg

summer_1676840c_medium.jpg

<3 Nicole

Wow, a perfect replica!! Even the colour, was it hard to find? If these hats and this colour would suit me I´d like one, but sadly I look a complete idiot in hats and could never wear this colour, too pale. But great work!!!

I got a lot of this color because I was going to use it for something a long time ago. I haven't looked for it again, but I'm sure they always keep it in stock. And thank you for the comment. I was needing some outside opinions on how close it looked.

<3 Nicole

Yep, my wife made one that looks just like that as well.

Really warm these winter mornings. It's me Compo hat.

This is absolutely brilliant! I can't knit but I think the work you must have put into this is wonderful.

Got my Compo hat and I must say, it really does look just like his. Well worth the money for anyone that is interested. When I ordered I just dropped her a line through her Etsy account. She then created a listing for me and it took about two weeks total before it arrived, maybe not even that long. :)

Best,

Flat Cap

Back