Crisp Sarnie anyone??

Wow crisp sarnies that's something I used to make in the army over 40 years ago, funny how things come and go, and come again. If you keep your clothes long enough you suddenly find your the height of fashion !!

Still not too sure about a crisp (potato chips) sarnie (sandwich) but those onion rings look rather tasty.

On another note, I've been reading Inspector Alan Banks mysteries that take place in Yorkshire. And they all seem to like cheese and pickle sandwiches. Anyone ever heard of cheese and pickle sandwiches?

Of cause, its a staple here.

of the many jobs I'm had one was working on a cob van and another running a cob shop. Cheese and pickle was the number one sarnie in both.

Last edited:
Talking about sarnies, my son loves crisp sarnies but considering he made sarnies with pizza between the bread and sometimes made them from his mothers stew , I don't know if that's much recommendation!! :21: :22: :21:

Crisp buttie

Hello Pearl

Have to ask did you ever have a Cob on when on the Cob van ?

As an aside an in keeping with my previous post my son eats ham and chocolate spread sandwiches on a regular basis think that stems from the packed lunch I provided him for school and the urgency to get out to play football.

Few years back had the privilege of going to New York fulfilled a couple of dreams went to Coney Island and had a Pastrami on rye sandwich both of which feature in many American films I grew up with however , I have to say that the food and atmosphere in Katz's Deli was just the best.

The one disappointment was spent a good hour walking quite near to Katz's [if my memory does not fail me] looking for some memorial to one of the greatest composer's George Gershwin who I think lived in that vicinity however I found nothing . UK members will know of the Blue Plaque society who honour great stars by putting up a blue plaque on the wall of where they resided or worked .

Is there an equivalent in the US know about Hollywood Walk of Fame and Grauman's Chinese Theatre but are individual plaque's ever displayed on buildings where stars lived or worked?

Back