Dad.

Pearl

Administrator
Staff member
On Tuesday my dad passed away, it was sudden and unexpected, even with his many conditions he had a simple water infection that became terminal within hours, I was so shocked I swore at the doctor. It's because of dad I'm here, his love of Last of the Summer Wine infected me and that's why I'm here annoying all of you. My heart is utterly broken, I know it's a natural part of life but I always thought they'ed make an exception for him. I've been trying to think of the perfect episode to watch for him and I've picked Ferret Come Home so I'll be watching that tonight thinking of my dad and probably crying enough to ensure they's not a hosepipe ban this year.

I'm so sorry! You poured unlimited love into making him welcome as a member of your household and keeping him as happy as possible. You should have had time for a gradual farewell. Sending comforting thoughts your way.

Losing a parent is always hard and doubly so when it's sudden and unexpected. I'm so glad you had this time of him living with you to build even more memories. May the memories of his life give you comfort and strength.

I feel I have at least some insight into what your dad was like from talking to you on F/book. He was quite a man and I'm sure he will leave a big hole in your lives. Sorry for your great loss

Pearl please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family at this most difficult and very very sad time . Having been through what you are now feeling it is difficult to remain strong but please take strength from the fond memories of your Dad of which there will be many . Please take care and stay well, you know all of us are there for you at this hardest of times and if you need anything or want to talk then please get in touch through the mailbox .

I lost my mother five years ago now, but I still miss her very much but I have all the memories of the things we used to do together. in good times and difficult times, It is those memories that comfort me as time goes by. It is something you have to try and cope with and remember with affection. I know these are easy things to say, but I feel you are a strong Lass and you will get through this.
Please accept my deepest condolences and love. xxx

I am really sorry to hear your Dad passed away, Pearl. You have my heartfelt sympathies and condolences. Both my parents have passed on, I feel for you. Ferret Come Home sounds like a nice tribute to him. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Now I'm reading your post Pearl and I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Dad. Your memories of him will become increasingly important to you as time passes and I hope of some comfort to you. All my best wishes to you and your family. Maggie x

Back