Derek Fowlds R.I.P.

barryboy1985

Very sad to hear of the death of Derek Fowlds, best remembered for his role as Bernard Woolley in Yes Minister, as well as Oscar Blaketon in Heartbeat, and as 'Mr Derek' in the Basil Brush show, May he rest in peace.

Really sad to hear the news, I always thought that would've been ideal for a guest appearance in Summer Wine as a barmpot they encountered along the way.

A very sad loss clearly remembered for Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister but he had such a distinguished and varied career both before and after that when you view IMDB . As early as 1962 he had a part in the wonderful The loneliness of the Long Distance Runner and of course post YM he starred in Heartbeat shot in the lovely Goathland. I saw him a short while ago [though it may have been a repeat] in a round of the Celebrity Antiques Road Trip with Bill Simmons from Heartbeat he was so laconic and laid back, an atypical English Gentleman . Yet another icon of British TV sadly lost .

Another great actor from a stunningly too close to the truth show.. never knew if it was a doco or comedy ;)

Back