Drone view of Holmfirth

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Spotted this on the Interweb, drone snap taken during the Holmfirth Music & Drink festival on Saturday 13rd Oct, well attended but it appears it attracted some of the wrong crowd, that caused problems in the evening and filled the river up with empty beer cans.
H2.jpg

People are so disrespectful , with an organised event there are always a plethora of receptacles where you can place rubbish but hey no lets be complete dollups and sling the cans in the river . I posted a while back about finding two energy drink cans on the bus and the irony was despite them supposedly giving you energy by drinking they didn't give the person quite enough to carry the cans off the bus and put them in the bin . Rant over the picture is fascinating shows how the technology has developed . A few years pre-drone you could only achieve that with a really expensive helicopter trip .

A good picture that shows a nice size crowd for the event.

I am curious if any one knows about the red vans near the center of the picture. I have seen groups of them in several pictures of Holmfirth but not a good enough view to see what kind of business they are for.

A good picture that shows a nice size crowd for the event.

I am curious if any one knows about the red vans near the center of the picture. I have seen groups of them in several pictures of Holmfirth but not a good enough view to see what kind of business they are for.

I assume you are talking about the post office vans in the yard behind a big building,which is the post office and sorting office

Spotted this on the Interweb, drone snap taken during the Holmfirth Music & Drink festival on Saturday 13rd Oct, well attended but it appears it attracted some of the wrong crowd, that caused problems in the evening and filled the river up with empty beer cans.
View attachment 1684
It was a Music and DRINK Festival, so what did you expect? Everybody was going to crook their little finger around a cup of dandelion tea? Sorry to hear that the wrong crowd showed up and that the river was trashed.

I had a quick surf of the net for the term Drone. Apparently it was first coined in 1946 about an an unmanned aerial vehicle and they are currently developing one that can be controlled by thought/brainwaves. all bets are of regarding who Dick would have one hovering over and Pearl , to keep us all in check , would have a fleet on standby to deliver messages of disdain when we misbehave on the forum .

Back