Facebook

steve

Hi all after some thinking I have just joined Facebook is anyone else on there I have not posted anything yet I have a pic of Wesley as my profile pic.

Hi all after some thinking I have just joined Facebook is anyone else on there I have not posted anything yet I have a pic of Wesley as my profile pic.

You might find the Last of the Summer Wine Forever group interesting. There's also a much less active First Of The Summer Wine group. The membership of both groups overlaps this one to some extent.

I'm on Facebook, but I limit my "friends" there to relatives and in-person friends. On the other hand, so far my entire page is public so anyone can read it. As a result, I have a few followers whom I've never met.

From what I have heard about it as Marianna says it is open to people who do not know you so I have kept away from it. It could be an age thing though, so I don`t want people I don`t know as a follower, whatever that means.:rolleyes:

From what I have heard about it as Marianna says it is open to people who do not know you so I have kept away from it. It could be an age thing though, so I don`t want people I don`t know as a follower, whatever that means.:rolleyes:

A Facebook page is open to all only if the owner selects Public in the security settings. The other options are Friends, Friends except, Specific friends, or Only me. Security for Individual posts can be set using the same options.

Most of my posts are political, so I want to reach as many people as possible, especially those who are likely to disagree, so I have no objection to people I don't know liking my public posts or following my page, as they can see only those posts that are designated public. I delete all friend requests from people I don't know and from those I do know but dislike. Only friends can post to my page, eliminating trolls. If I ever post anything intended for a select audience, I'll set the security for that post accordingly.

Followers are other Facebook members who have requested Facebook to notify them automatically when I make a public post.

I have AdBlock Plus installed and it blocks most advertisements.

I am on FB, not sure if any one follows me though ....

Look under "Friends", then check the subheading "Followers". If you have any, the number will be shown and you can click to show the names. Your privacy settings can specify whether followers are limited to friends or open to the public.

Look under "Friends", then check the subheading "Followers". If you have any, the number will be shown and you can click to show the names. Your privacy settings can specify whether followers are limited to friends or open to the public.

I have no sub-heading on my friends section - have I got a cheap version of FB?

Back