Failing to see the obvious!

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
So, there I was, sitting in the waiting area in our local hospital awaiting my appointment.
I saw a wonderful magazine on the table next to me, the "Steam Train Enthusiast", so I donned my reading glasses and buried myself into it. As I was early for my appointment I had plenty of time to peruse the magazine thoroughly, and at the end were pages of upcoming activities, so I started making notes in my little pad, jotting down dates and details thinking I had something to look forward to.
It wasn't until the nurse called my name, I closed the magazine and put it back on the table then I saw it... issue date Sept. 2005 :oops:

I normally do look at the dates before I read them, though being in Deepest Cornwall the magazine has probably only just reached that part of the country

If my brain had been working the clue that should have given it up was the Harry Potter weekend in Bodmin station...... last seen 10 years ago!

Time to throw out those packets of dried egg Tony well past their sell by date if you look at the back of the packet :08: A quick saunter to Specsavers perhaps? [ other Opticians are available]

Back