Feeding the 5000, or that's what Waitrose think!

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
My dear friend Mr Waitrose popped in this morning and brought some lovelies with him for me to enjoy.
Trouble is he made a bit of a blunder. As an example I ordered 1 x Chicken breast he delivered 4, I ordered 2 x 30 day matured sirloin steak (250gm) he delivered 2 Kg, I ordered 2 x ready to cook chicken crowns he delivered 2 x stuffed chickens.
So instead of my bill being £68'ish it was well over £110'ish ........ spluttering and spitting feathers (not quite so polite!)
Just phoned their help line, and the lovely lady agreed with me and has refunded not only the excess, but the price of the original items (which she suggests I freeze and use at my leisure). Way to go Waitrose :D :D

My dear friend Mr Waitrose popped in this morning and brought some lovelies with him for me to enjoy.
Trouble is he made a bit of a blunder. As an example I ordered 1 x Chicken breast he delivered 4, I ordered 2 x 30 day matured sirloin steak (250gm) he delivered 2 Kg, I ordered 2 x ready to cook chicken crowns he delivered 2 x stuffed chickens.
So instead of my bill being £68'ish it was well over £110'ish ........ spluttering and spitting feathers (not quite so polite!)
Just phoned their help line, and the lovely lady agreed with me and has refunded not only the excess, but the price of the original items (which she suggests I freeze and use at my leisure). Way to go Waitrose :D:D

If you did not stutter when you placed the order,all would be fine

Those delivery services are mind boggling some time. My daughters ordered a beef joint and when they delivered they'ed sent a large chocolate cream cake as a substitute because they didn't have any beef joints! When she rang them and complained that the cream cake wasn't going to go well with roast potatos and gravie! They said sorry we'll refund you the money for the beef joint and you can keep the cake.

ordered a beef joint and when they delivered they'ed sent a large chocolate cream cake

Should reverse that on the Great British Bake Off , instead of one of the contestant's producing a Chocolate Cream Cake they could produce a joint of Beef from the Fridge . That would puzzle Paul Hollywood especially when he tried to cut it you can hear him now " It's raw and when you cut into it eventually its very grainy !"

Given that my typical shopping bill is under £10 I am advised that I do not fit the delivery mode for groceries as there is a minimum order requirement! I can even have a pint of milk go off because I use so little in the house! And it seems I am making the right choice given by comments here!

definitely easier to eat out. Saves washing up!!

Back