Filming Sites/Locations

The Huddersfield Narrow Canal passes through Marsden north of the filming area for the most part. The waterway and red railings with which we're the most familiar is the River Colne where it runs beside Weir Side.
Do you suppose that the River Colne has been dredged out? It looks so straight.

Here are a couple of recent photos. The first shows Clegg & Howard's original row of houses, right at the top of the photo. Not to be confused with the house Cleggy had first, as per Marianna's post.

The second is.................?????????? Anyone????:08::08:

If you don't recognize Number 3 you don't belong on this site!:46::p (Anyone else reminded of Onslow from Mrs. Bucket....sorry Boo-Kay?)

Number 4 should also be recognizable. If you are having difficulty, think of Hobbo (in German disguise) talking to (and being captured by) Marina!

Holmfirth to Scotland95.jpg

Holmfirth444.jpg

Holmfirth501.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Re Picture 4 many scenes have been set there , with a bit of poetic licence and Compo's ultimate dream

I remember when rock was young
Me and Nora had so much fun
holding hands and skimming stones
an Old Holborn Gold rollie and a place of my own :08::41:

Here are a couple of recent photos. The first shows Clegg & Howard's original row of houses, right at the top of the photo. Not to be confused with the house Cleggy had first, as per Marianna's post.

The second is.................?????????? Anyone????:08::08:

If you don't recognize Number 3 you don't belong on this site!:46::p (Anyone else reminded of Onslow from Mrs. Bucket....sorry Boo-Kay?)

Number 4 should also be recognizable. If you are having difficulty, think of Hobbo (in German disguise) talking to (and being captured by) Marina!

View attachment 1636

View attachment 1637

View attachment 1638

View attachment 1639

No 4 was seen in two unrelated episodes

That's the lake with the bridge between Meal Hill and Jackson Bridge. Quite a few scenes were shot on and around the bridge. Does anyone know if that location is accessible to the public ?
It looks like it might be on a private estate.

Think it may belong to one of the utilities .Either water or water treatment plant??:confused:

That's what I think as well. It looks like Foggys house as seen in "Walking Stiff Can Make You Famous" when he comes out in his bicycle polo outfit.

Thanks, Sarkus. I couldn't remember the episode, or even the scene, to save my life.

That's the lake with the bridge between Meal Hill and Jackson Bridge. Quite a few scenes were shot on and around the bridge. Does anyone know if that location is accessible to the public ?
It looks like it might be on a private estate.

Andy,

I think Pete confirmed on an older thread, when he was posting photos of location shots as they are now against scenes from the show at those locations that it was indeed a private estate

Ok Marianna is correct. That is Foggy's house as shot from the (moving) Summer Wine Tour bus.

I think there may be confusion between the 2 posts I made. The 2nd shot from the SECOND post is indeed the (in)famous lake and bridge near Jackson Bridge. I don't know if it is actually accessible to the public or not but as the Captain says,
previous threads indicate that it is on a private estate. The shot was actually taken from the location that is often seen of the boys sitting on a bench overlooking the area.

Dick, if you are suggesting the 1st pic on the 2nd post is a water treatment plant I am ashamed!:(:20:.
See if it looks more familiar shot from the opposite (and more common) direction

IMG_0560.jpg

Ok Marianna is correct. That is Foggy's house as shot from the (moving) Summer Wine Tour bus.

I think there may be confusion between the 2 posts I made. The 2nd shot from the SECOND post is indeed the (in)famous lake and bridge near Jackson Bridge. I don't know if it is actually accessible to the public or not but as the Captain says,
previous threads indicate that it is on a private estate. The shot was actually taken from the location that is often seen of the boys sitting on a bench overlooking the area.

Dick, if you are suggesting the 1st pic on the 2nd post is a water treatment plant I am ashamed!:(:20:.
See if it looks more familiar shot from the opposite (and more common) direction

View attachment 1645
The one I was alluding to was the lake and bridge shot.In the corner of the shot is something that looks like a tower ,similar to one we used to have locally.This was in a lake with a grid in the centre where water used to either flow into or was drawn into.That belonged to The Water Board as it was known then.Sorry for the confusion .:(

Dick/Andy

I found Pete's post see below hoped it may show the Tower from the other angle but sadly it doesn't Dick. Pete alludes to it being private land.

Hi captain,its a mansion more than a farm,the last time I looked it was for sale at 1.4 million with the grounds that included the bridge,on the sale poster one of the selling points is that it was used several times in Last Of The Summer Wine,theres no access at all to it,its on private land fenced off,if you turn round where Howard and Pearl are and walk back,walk about a mile and you'll come to a bench and a hill that I often post where you can see a body of water in the distance,thats the bridge,it looks far away but its not too bad a walk
Bridge%20001_zpsubncgedf.jpg
April%2015%20009_zpse2jvj0cd.jpg
April%2015%20034_zps00cl9vaw.jpg

You've seen what happens when you go by the book.
In future we go by my rules.Coopers rules.

Still no response as to where the un-named location of No.2 is!:14:
What I saw as photo #2 appeared in two different episodes. It was shown in "There are Gypsies at the Bottom of Our Garden." Women doing laundry and chatting, run inside their homes when approached by a woman selling trinkets. The second time it was identified as Foggy's house. Can't remember the title, but he was shown exiting the house, dressed in his dark blazer with pocket crest, and a fedora hat.

What I saw as photo #2 appeared in two different episodes. It was shown in "There are Gypsies at the Bottom of Our Garden." Women doing laundry and chatting, run inside their homes when approached by a woman selling trinkets. The second time it was identified as Foggy's house. Can't remember the title, but he was shown exiting the house, dressed in his dark blazer with pocket crest, and a fedora hat.

We also see it in Walking Stiff can make you Famous
WS.jpg

Back