Getting Sam Home - Sams house location?

Alan Bell, in his recent book, gives this description

"Following the map, we drove up a hill at Almondbury on the outskirts of Huddersfield. We drove right, and there, quite astonishingly, was the exact bungalow as described by Roy Clarkes script. The name on the white painted gate identified the bungalow as 'Hillcrest'"

He later says "Recently, I called at Hillcrest and found that, 25 years on, it had changed very little"

Just checked a map and looks as if could be between Kaye Lane/Westgate and Woodsome Road.

I did wonder about that area but the topography is not right,if you look behind the bungalow the land drops away with what looks like Huddersfield in the background,maybe a couple of miles away

I’m a bit late to this thread but I found Sam’s house, it’s on Forest Road Huddersfield. The hedge and white gate have recently been removed but using Google earth from further up the road still has some images with the white gate/hedge on there. I love this film and it’s a shame Lynda Baron wasn’t kept in the cast. IMG_7395.png

Attachments

• IMG_7396.png
    IMG_7396.png
    357.2 KB · Views: 7
I’m a bit late to this thread but I found Sam’s house, it’s on Forest Road Huddersfield. The hedge and white gate have recently been removed but using Google earth from further up the road still has some images with the white gate/hedge on there. I love this film and it’s a shame Lynda Baron wasn’t kept in the cast. View attachment 6835
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site! Hopefully we'll see a lot more posts on this most friendliest of communities :)

I’m a bit late to this thread but I found Sam’s house, it’s on Forest Road Huddersfield. The hedge and white gate have recently been removed but using Google earth from further up the road still has some images with the white gate/hedge on there. I love this film and it’s a shame Lynda Baron wasn’t kept in the cast. View attachment 6835
It has been on our maps for some time, which may of saved you time looking, https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...ll=53.64204763518071,-1.7529217036008093&z=18

Back