Gone from gold

I heard a rumor that the BBC want to sell their share in the UKTV channels along with clawing back some of the best shows to try and encourage folk back to the BBC due to the amount of folk binning the TV licence.
LOSW was the only show that kept people coming back to UK Gold and now it's available complete in a box set why keep paying for it

IF they were to sell up, I suspect the channels would fold as pretty much all the content on Gold , Dave , Drama etc are BBC programmes . If the programmer who purchased it had to fill in the gaps in programme or pay inflated rates to purchase ex BBC programmes that would surely not be a cost effective option and they would have to downsize the number of channels they could broadcast.

Just out of interest Maltrab, where did you hear this rumour?

Just out of interest Maltrab, where did you hear this rumour?

From someone in the industry but as I said it's just a rumour, the BBC are trying to find a lot of money to keep paying the high salaries they pay some of the presenters, with the huge drop of in revenue from licence payers, they know if the start charging the over 75's for their currently free licence it will cause a backlash, this is still a probability though. If they cut down much of the wastage and lavish parties along with the over the top salaries for the top 50 staff and presenters, they would have plenty of money to buy some decent shows

Most free to air stations here could close today and 80% of the population would take 12 mths to notice.

Back