Google Streetview

Sprinzel

You can now search for more locations on Google Streetview as it has been updated and includes Holmfirth and the surrounding area.

Have fun!

Jim.

I have Google Earth and was informed of this. Been having a LOT of fun! I think I even stumbled across where the pub was in Deep in the Heart of Yorkshire where the trio meet a sad Nora. Will be doing more e-touring.. lol

Had to make another post here. I am enjoying this street view almost too much. So far I've looked at:

Ivy's Cafe
Foggy's house (seen in two episodes)
White Horse Inn
Butchers Arms
Truly's house
New Fold
Market St in Marsden
Blackburns in Slaithwaite where Compo had the mouse go up his pants leg
The bridge where the trio get a face full of steam from the passing train
Honley where Foggy was perched on top of the bus stop
Will O Nats where the trio met up with Ludovic
Cartworth Road where the trio get chased by the dog in Odd Dog Men

Many more to find... Folks that aren't able to get over to Holmfirth for whatever reason should try this out. In a way it's fun to do. If you're not sure of the locations, just use Terry's map link on the front page of this site.

It's me again... Messing around with GoogleEarth street view, I believe I stumbled across one of the locations during the time they were filming for the series. Found a lot of trailers and cars.. I think Cooper & Walsh's patrol car is present along with Barry's car. Waiting for confirmation and I guess permission since this might be a private residence before I post more.

Got confirmation from Terry. Check out the street view around Scholes Moor Road and you'll see the base camp where the crew filmed on location. You might recognize the building in some of his pictures from August.

The google streetview is proving to be a great tool for looking around the uk,other than checking out losw locations I have found it handy for looking at B&B's you might be thinking of staying in as you can drive by and check the place from the outside before ever going there,Terry

Back