Gordon Wharmby in Corrie...

ferret

Dedicated Member
I've been watching the reruns of Classic Coronation Street and look who popped up. He was playing a doorman who crossed swords with Percy "making gravy under shellfire" Sugden- one of my favourite characters. 20180117_175757.jpg20180117_173335.jpg

He appeared in Coronation Street a few times.

It's a shame that, apart from LOTSW, he only really did 'extra' work. Of course he only got his part in LOTSW through auditioning as an extra in In the Service of Humanity.

It was a major find when a few years back someone here revealed he was an extra in Forked Lightning.

It was a major find when a few years back someone here revealed he was an extra in Forked Lightning.

Of all the extras that were hired to fill the bus, he was the only one doing any acting. The others just sat there like so many shop window dummies.

Quite a few from LOTSW have walked the cobbles...Gordon Wharmby, Robert Fyfe,Jean Alexander, Jean Fergusson, Roy Barraclough, Keith Clifford, Ken Kitson, Barbara Young, Kathy Staff...so i suppose i shouldn't be surprised to see them pop up. Hadn't seen this episode for over 20 years so it just made me smile to see him.

Back