Greetings & Salutations, this time from OZ!

View attachment 1575

A different view of the park where the livecam is (it is in the window of the shop you see). I didn't realize it until I was actually there but the stone "wall" you see, as well as a lot of the flagstones you walk on are actually old headstones and grave markers!
BTW the guy you see in the white t-shirt on the right of the pic is painting the railings!

Interesting to see the progress, albeit slow, on the old Bamforth's building and on the vacant lot next to it. The plan is to convert Bamforth's to flats and to build an additional block of flats next door, with parking at ground level. For years the existing building has appeared to be deteriorated beyond rescue, but it's such an essential part of Holmfirth history that it would have been a shame to lose it.

Last edited:
The least they can do is to retain the Bamforth name for the flats, etc. Well, I'm sure that someone on the City Council or whatever had plenty of time to ensure that the building didn't go to pot and unfortunately no one thought to do anything.

Those are great photos Brian, thanks for sharing. And you might as well post anything else you have as well! ;-)

Back