Hade Edge

Pete.

Dedicated Member
Went on one of my Summer Wine walks today with the intention of calling by the Monkey to see if it's been demolished yet,for a bit of a surprise,I'v posted the photos on the Monkey thread in the locations,I just wanted to update the Captain that we may have to wait a while for our souvenirs,while I'm on here,here's one of many photos I took,it's at Hade Edge,just a two minute walk from Barry and Glendas house 20170814_114320-1-2235x1257.jpg 20170617_133702-1-1-2248x1221.jpg

Ah so the exhibition remains open . On the forum a few weeks back Pete someone posted that the museum property was up for sale I wonder therefore if it has been sold asa going concern I don't recall that sign being outside when I was there a while back but I may be wrong.

Thanks for the pics, Pete. Been meaning to drop you an email to say HI.

If I lived near Barry and Glenda's place I would be making regular trips to that scenic spot. Very pretty. Good to see the Big Fat Lady, the mangle and big iron bath are still around. I do like the drawing of Norah and Compo cheek to cheek on the mantle.

Hi Rick Hi Neil,
Thanks for the replies,there was no for sale sign at the exhibition Neil but I noticed a couple of changes to the layout and the shop so I don't know if it's under new ownership,it was great to see all the props and things from the show,
Rick,Barry and Glendas house is literally a two minute walk from where I stood to take that photo,they filmed so many scenes there,watching the clock,enter the finger,welcome to earth etc etc
Take care x

Back