Hail Smiling "Moron" (??)

Marianna

Dedicated Member
On the newer version of the DVD set containing the first two seasons, the episode title "Hail Smiling Morn, or Thereabouts" has morphed to "Hail Smiling Moron, or Thereabouts".

I had viewed the episodes on that set at least a few times, but just noticed it. I'm getting dozy like Barry!

That's a funny typo. Thankfully, mine does not have that. Are you talking about the episode list on the back of the DVD box?

I have got the DVD of the first series and when you get to the main menu, the episode title reads Hail Smiling Moron.
Also, there is another typo of another episode title: The first episode is called "Short Back and Palais Glide" but on the main menu of my DVD it reads, Short Back and Palais Guide.

I have got the DVD of the first series and when you get to the main menu, the episode title reads Hail Smiling Moron.
Also, there is another typo of another episode title: The first episode is called "Short Back and Palais Glide" but on the main menu of my DVD it reads, Short Back and Palais Guide.

I had missed that one!

I currently have the reissued set with the subtitles added (or as Compo called them "subtittles"). I don't recall those title typos on the discs in the original set that I bought many years ago from HMV in Canterbury.

On my DVD cover the title reads 'Short Black and Palais Guide'. On the disc itself the title is 'Short Back and Palais Guide'.

Tut tut - attention to detail. I wonder whether the use of the word morn is less common these days so not picked up by those responsible. Also few would refer to the Palais Glide either - some of the phrases probably are becoming anachronistic (just as I am!!).

Back