Hello from Holmfirth!

Charp01

Hello all, thank you for letting me join. I came across this site whilst searching for photos of the actual filming of Last of the Summer Wine in Hinchliffe Mill, a small village 1 mile from Holmfirth centre where Wesley's garage is located. I grew up here and have lots of fond memories of filming in the area - Compo, Clegg and Foggy era - and our family home was occasionally used in the series. I was hoping to come across some images and hoped to find and frame a picture of them whilst filming along with some autographs I've dug out.
I've found some stills from videos but these were episodes which were aired and I wanted some filming shots but I'll keep on looking!
Anyway, I got side tracked and spent the next 3 hours reading posts in your forum!
If I can help any of you regarding pictures, information etc in the area I'll be happy to help.

Well welcome Charp01 nice to have a new member on board and someone who has memories of the filming of our beloved show . I am sure that the members would be delighted if you can recall and share any snippets of that time . I look forward to seeing any posts you make and I hope you enjoy your time on here . :)

Thank you captain clutterbuck! I've lots and I'm more than happy to share I'll pop some bits on whenever I have a bit of time.

Hi Louise, yes, it is quite a homely and welcoming place and if you're a summer wine fan you'll already know it like the back of your hand!

Welcome Charp01, you must have some fantastic memories and I look forward to all you have to share.

I'm a new member here too and had a "proper" visit to Holmfirth last year (following a VERY quick peek at the town during a Yorkshire coach tour back in 2015) but did go out to Hinchliffe Mill and walked up to the vineyard - very steep and quite a work-out, but well worth it!

Greets and Welcome, Charp!

Glad to have you here at our forums. Look forward to any stories you have to share of Holmfirth and Summer Wine land. :)

Cheers,
Rick

Welcome aboard and enjoy your visits here, we look forward to your tales from the dark side :40:

Back