Hello from West Yorkshire

Hi

Thank you for accepting me. Have been a huge fan of Lastvof The Summer Wine for most of my life. Ive grown up watching the series. I live about 8 miles away from Holmfirth snd will be visiting in a couple of weeks time all being well. Hope to make new feiends with fellow fans of the show. Thanks again Catherine.

Hello and Welcome Catherine nice to have a fellow fan on the site . We are located far and wide it must be nice to live so close to Holmfirth and the locations from the show . When you have time Terry [Maltrab] created a great map showing lots of locations, which will very close to where you live and will be very useful to you should you decide to visit any of the locations from the show . It can be accessed by the Main Site tab on this home page with a pull down menu on that Main site for Maps .

There is also a members photo section which has all sorts of pictures to do with the show especially those from Pete who diligently toured the locations taking photographs of the locations as they are now and posted alongside stills from the show , they are a must for any fan. :)

Hi everyone and thankyou both for your lovely welcome. Its lovely living so close to Holmfirth and this year Im promising myself to finally go on the bus tour Ive been meaning to for so long just never got around to it. Will take photos when I go.

Has anyone thought of creating a Last Of The Summer Wine encyclopedia with locations, character, episode guide in book form or would this be too much of a job to do?

Has anyone thought of creating a Last Of The Summer Wine encyclopedia with locations, character, episode guide in book form or would this be too much of a job to do?

Welcome Catherine to our little corner of Last of the Summer Wine happiness, I like your idea regarding a guide book but I suspect the cost would put folk off producing one, unless any of our members have a printing press

Welcome Catherine to our little corner of Last of the Summer Wine happiness, I like your idea regarding a guide book but I suspect the cost would put folk off producing one, unless any of our members have a printing press

Thank you. It was worth a try. Might have a try one day not this year though too busy myself. But certainly in the future.

Greetings and Welcome, Catherine!

Hope you enjoy the forums here. I'm a bit envious you live so close to Holmfirth. I hope to make it there some day, it seems like such a lovely place.

Cheers,
Rick

Hi Rick

Its a beautiful little town. I guess I may take it for granted sometimes living so close. I promise that I will take lots of photos when I go. All the best. Catherine

Back