Hello

Thank you for letting me join your group.

I was born in Huddersfield and lived for a short time in Kirkheaton but moved to the Midlands at a young age as my parents changed jobs and as a result I have no real recollection of this area. My Grandparents lived in Flockton and Skelmanthorpe which I visited regularly until they passed away.

I visit Holmfirth occasionally and my real purpose of joining this group is to find out some of the filming locations so I can visit them when I am in the area. Seymour's house is on my agenda as are some of the country areas (ie where was Ashley Jackson painting the picture when the intrepid trio rolled up on a sofa) and many others. This will have to incorporate a visit to Compos for the Fish and Chips!

I have fond memories of the show, the first one I can vividly remember being Car and Garter. I have of course purchased all the Dvd's to series 23&24 but the passing of Bill Owen really ended the show for me and I stopped there - maybe I will in time move on to the rest.

Anyway, introductions over, I will now press on with my research!

Welcome aboard! We love Compos Chippy, excellent chips and even better fish. Plenty of help identifying locations on here especially from member Pete with his before and now location pics.
One word of advice, i wouldn't get any chips from this chippy on the Woodhead rd out of Holmfirth. Think it's still for sale if you fancy an investment !!22153273992_cfb85130f1_b.jpg

Greetings and Welcome!

There are a quite a few on the forums with great knowledge of the show and locations and are eager to share what they know. Great group of people here.

A warm Welcome to the site look forward to your posts and threads . If you look on the toolbar at the top of the page select main Website and on that select Maps from the Summer Wine pages pull down menu there is a link to the summer Wine map which Terry [Maltrab] put together and it shows loads of the locations where they filmed on the map . In the Photo Corner -> A Spot for Members Photos there are any number of photographs of locations especially from Pete who lives locally and takes photos of the locations as they are now and contrasts them with stills from the show. I hope you enjoy your time on here.

One word of advice, i wouldn't get any chips from this chippy on the Woodhead rd out of Holmfirth. Think it's still for sale if you fancy an investment !!View attachment 1934

There's no indication now of its being on the market. Here's the Google Earth screen grab dated June 2017. I passed the site in September and it looked exactly the same as in this photo, so no further progress. It is/was in Holmbridge.

Derelict Chippy.jpg

Welcome and always willing to answer questions, may not be right answers but always willing ....

Back