Holmfirth June 2014

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few pictures taken near Holmfirth today,Terry

Via.jpg

The Viaduct used in "Here we go into the Wild Blue Yonder"

Ben1.jpg

A remote located bench seen in several episodes including "Tight Jeans & Metal Detector"

LaneV1.jpg

LaneV2.jpg

Views from where the bench is located

The photo of the bench
It is looking over the Greenfield road area

So the buildings are in Upperthong? It's probably way too much to ask, but do you have the OS grid reference for the bench location? Or is it marked on the locations map?

Marianna

The photo of the bench

So the buildings are in Upperthong? It's probably way too much to ask, but do you have the OS grid reference for the bench location? Or is it marked on the locations map?

Marianna

Now added the bench location to the maps section

Beautiful pictures Terry, thank you for all you do to bring a bit of Holmfirth, and surrounding areas to us who have not been. I appreciate it very much.

:)

Gorgeous Terry! I was wanting to copy one of those pictures to my phone as wallpaper. How do I do that?

Great idea Beth. I think you can probably save it in your pictures. I think I will give it a try. Let you know if it works. Yeap it worked. It is wallpaper , but I will have to tweak it a bit, it left L and R Black boarder. Probably how it was saved.

Last edited:
Great idea Beth. I think you can probably save it in your pictures. I think I will give it a try. Let you know if it works. Yeap it worked. It is wallpaper , but I will have to tweak it a bit, it left L and R Black boarder. Probably how it was saved.
I need step by step. haha. Didn't work.

I need step by step.

Begin by clicking on the photo to enlarge it. That seems to improve the resolution, as well as making it bigger.

Right click on the enlarged image;
Select Save Image As from the menu;
Specify a file location and name.
Click Save.

You might need to crop in your favorite image editing software to make it look good on the screen where you plan to use it.

Marianna

Back