Howards cat.

Howard falls foul of Truly's sense of humour when Howard is on the roof trying to attract their attention . Truly and Billy steal his ladder and promise that they'll keep him safe from the neighbours cat ! :(:08:

Second Update:
In "An Introduction to Cooper's Rules," Howard is outside doing push-ups. Pearl says "Get up off that damn floor before the cat gets you."
It's interesting that Pearl says "Get up off that damn floor" and they are actually outside by the trash bins. So I suppose she could be referring to their cat or the neighbor's cat.

It's interesting that Pearl says "Get up off that damn floor" and they are actually outside by the trash bins.

me2..... I am in the United States also. I have been following English Football (soccer) for the past 4 or 5 years and the announcers often say that a player has been knocked to the "floor". In the US, we would say a player has been knocked to the "ground". It is obviously just a difference in the usage of a word in the UK versus the US.

People who spend most of their time inside rather than outside, will automatically reference a floor rather than the ground. And I think that this is true for both sides of the Pond.

People who spend most of their time inside rather than outside, will automatically reference a floor rather than the ground. And I think that this is true for both sides of the Pond.
On this side of the Big Pond, a floor is inside a building. A floor is covered with flooring, e.g. carpet, rugs, hardwood, tile, vinyl, etc. When we say ground, it is actual soil, dirt, outside where grass, trees, and plants grow.

Being from the North a Floor pronounced Flue- er is one of those green and petally things ya buy in a Florist and which Howard gave a bunch of to Pearl unfortunately with the wrong greeting card in .

Back