Hullo from the Desert SW, USA

Andrew D

Dedicated Member
Hullo everyone,

I've been a Summer Wine fan for a couple of decades now, and have never looked back since discovering the series. I was raised on British programming since the local PBS station in New England where I grew up was the master station for everything coming into North America from the UK in the 70's and 80's, so when I discovered the wonderful antics of the Yorkshire trio I was already groomed to be hooked.

I now live in the desert southwest of Southern Arizona, USA, so Yorkshire green is sorely lacking here....wonder what sort of dialogue they'd come up with as they crunched through the cactus patches here, avoiding scorpions and rattlesnakes? "Three teas, Ivy...and makes his extra strong. His wellies were just nearly penetrated!"

Anyway, greetings to everyone, and cheers!

Hello Andrew,

Welcome to the forum nice to have another fan on board I hope you enjoy your time on here and I look forward to you posting on the various threads . If you haven't looked already can I please suggest you look at the photo section there are some great shots of locations where the shows were filmed.

A very warm welcome Andrew, I have been in your neck of the woods in my travels, if you need to know anything just ask me, as all the other members are total barmpots, Terry

Welcome Andrew. I think Foggy would say "call these Scorpions and Rattlesnakes" You should have been with me in the Jungle if you wanted to see real ones.

Welcome to the Forum. I am a native of the area of the US currently referred to in the Press as the Swamp aka Washington, DC.

Back