I Have a New Phone for the Office

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Picked it up cheap today,good working order,no sim card required or wireless for it to work,takes 2 minutes to dial a number by which time I have forgotten why I was calling,Terry

TPhone.jpg

That will confuse the organisations with menus where you have to press * or #!

I still have a very early push button one with no * or #, and it takes as long to dial through as yours Terry!

Trimphone if I recall?

That will confuse the organisations with menus where you have to press * or #!

I still have a very early push button one with no * or #, and it takes as long to dial through as yours Terry!

Trimphone if I recall?

Yes Rod a Trimphone from 1976,sadly a lot of the dial models were scrapped by the Post Office as they had a luminous dial with a very low radiation output,at the time nobody worked out they could just replace the dial to a standard one, the push button ones are easier to find but they relied on a internal battery which could go flat in 12-18 months,the battery has not been made for many years,so watch out buying a push button model unless it is one of the retro new models floating around

My push button one was in use in the 1980s so is original, was not aware that there was an internal battery: will have to look but I did use it once a few months ago when there was a power cut!

I have another push button one with * and '# keys and that uses a standard battery for its display.

Terry...have you posted any pictures of the new office? Sheree

Not yet as there is still bits to be completed,here is a picture of one area,I have made use of a lot of LED lighting,which is inexpensive to buy and run,once it is complete I will post some more pictures

Off1.jpg

Are you really that organized? Where are all the thrown papers.....cups of coffee.....post it notes stuck everywhere.... ;D ;D

Are you really that organized? Where are all the thrown papers.....cups of coffee.....post it notes stuck everywhere.... ;D ;D

More than my life is worth to clutter it all up so soon ;D

Oh there is tea in the picture,not really coffee drinkers,keeps us awake

My push button one was in use in the 1980s so is original, was not aware that there was an internal battery: will have to look but I did use it once a few months ago when there was a power cut!

I have another push button one with * and '# keys and that uses a standard battery for its display.

Still functioning! Checked inside and there was no sign of an internal battery that I could see.

Its main purpose is for use in the garret when there is a power cut as not dependent on electricity from house - only the 50 v down the telephone wires.

Back