In shock

minxie

Dedicated Member
My poor niece has just given birth today to a 16lb baby boy, called George, yes 16lb and is very ill and only given 50% chance of survival, my niece is only 21 and and it's her boyfriends 21st birthday today, what a double edged present.

They let her go 2 weeks overdue, and she was so huge she looked like she had swallowed a space hopper,and we were all so excited, when she went into hospital yesterday in labour, now it seems its all going horribly wrong.
So so sad,just had to share

Good luck to your niece hope all is well.
I'm surprised they let her go 2 weeks over, is it her first?

Yes it's her first, so we are praying like mad here,they maybe taking him to Frenchy tonight, so cross everything you have

Minxie

Very much at one with those who are praying for all of you this evening.

24 “‘“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’

I hope all goes well for you and your family Minxie. In my prayers, stay strong, girl.

Re: In shock *update*

Well, the trauma continues, it seems that Baby George's heart stopped for approx 20 mins, at birth, and his temperature shot up, which means he was literally 'cooking'and they were ready to tell the parents that he was dead, but thank god he fought on. He had a 10% chance at that time.

At present there is little sign of brain activity, so the next 24 hrs are vital as they monitor him, he has gone to the new Childrens hospital in Bristol.

My sister Jan ( new nanny) said she will never forget Jade's screams as they struggled to get George out, who weighed in at 15lb 7oz, which is the size of a six month old baby. I have seen some pictures of George and my jaw dropped he is huge, but of course beautiful and looks like his mum.

I didn't know you could cry in your sleep,but I have since learnt that you can, I can't seem to get a grip especially seeing my sister in pieces this morning.

George is now 19 hrs old, which we didn't expect him to reach and had a good night in hospital, we just need to see what happens in 24 hrs as they monitor his brain activity.

Thank you all so much for your support and good wishes, we are a close family and this has hit us all very hard, we should be cracking champagne, but are instead broken

Prayers sent in an envelope to you. I've paid the postage, and I've asked God to look over you. :'(

This awful, I know how your sister feels my thoughts and best wishes are with you all x Please keep us posted.

Awful trauma for you and your family Minxie,I hope everything works out well for you all, despite the odds :(

Back