Local PBS

JO

Our local pbs station has stopped showing Last of the Summer Wine without showing the last 3 seasons
I have them on DVD but i enjoy watching the US version as well.

Our local pbs station has stopped showing Last of the Summer Wine without showing the last 3 seasons
I have them on DVD but i enjoy watching the US version as well.

It is shocking how some TV companies treat the show, in the UK the BBC gave themselves as the UK Gold TV brand all the old decent TV comedies including LOSW,a lot of it was only available via subscription on satellite channels, so licence payers who had for many years contributed to the cost of making these shows,had to pay to watch them again, this time with adverts, of the course the BBC never repeated them on their channels, forcing those who wanted to watch decent shows to dig in their pockets.

If you want to ensure you can see any of the shows you hold dear then you have to hope all episodes are released on DVD , which they are for our beloved show, and then you have choice when you view albeit again at a price . With some shows sadly Auntie wiped the tapes so you may get the odd show from a series in certain instances and with others they are simply lost in time [ Gnomes in Dulwich with Hugh Lloyd and Terry Scott being a case in point I remember watching it when younger and would have loved to watch again to see if it is as good as I thought it was at that age]

Those of you that have a local PBS station showing LOTSW are lucky. Even the Spokane, WA, station, which has always done really well with BBC comedies, doesn't show it in my area. Another nearby PBS station tried it a few years ago but its gone now.

Those of you that have a local PBS station showing LOTSW are lucky. Even the Spokane, WA, station, which has always done really well with BBC comedies, doesn't show it in my area. Another nearby PBS station tried it a few years ago but its gone now.

I'll second that! My PBS station showed a couple of seasons about 20 years ago from around the middle of the entire run, never repeated them and have never shown any more.

Lucky, indeed, if your PBS station shows it! When ours stopped, I called asked them why, and they said it was because the show is too expensive.

Back