Locations: As they are today

Well used crossroads and lane. Its here that Marina and Howard, on their bikes, pass the ladies in Edies Red Triumph Herald car and also used for various other encounters. The lane in the distance where the trees are is also a well recognised locationView attachment 1109

The road on the left,coming down the hill was used in a Bicycle made for three

Well used crossroads and lane. Its here that Marina and Howard, on their bikes, pass the ladies in Edies Red Triumph Herald car and also used for various other encounters. The lane in the distance where the trees are is also a well recognised locationView attachment 1109

I believe this spot has been used in more episodes than anywhere else

All these locations and nothing to show they ever filmed there , Dave is there anything in the Butchers , besides nice food from what you said , that attributes its use as a location for the show ?

All these locations and nothing to show they ever filmed there , Dave is there anything in the Butchers , besides nice food from what you said , that attributes its use as a location for the show ?
No, there wasnt anything as far as I could see. Ive been in the White Horse pub, Jackson Bridge, which was one of the most used pubs but there is only a handful of photographs of the main characters showing them in the pub, but thats all. The landlord previous to who runs it now had pictures everywhere, obviously the new landlord has taken them down all but the few. The only locations that advertise the fact is Nora's and Compo's houses which has the exhibition and sid's cafe which has photos and a false counter in the position it was in the show (photos of cafe to be uploaded)

Morning all, a wetter start to the day in Holmfirth but I am travelling back home today so not so bad. Here are some images I think you will be interested in, the real interior of Sid's Cafe. Ive taken the images going left to right, facing the door. You will see that on the second picture the false counter, they keep in the position it was in the series but pushed up to the wall. The hatch and doorway are also fake as it is really a brick wall not the prep area we see in tbe show. The third photo shows where the real counter and prep area is, its facing you as you walk into the cafe. This was borded up to make it look just like a wall when outside shots exposed that area. The magic of filming, I love it.

Attachments

• rps20160518_073355.jpg
    rps20160518_073355.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 68
  • rps20160518_073211.jpg
    rps20160518_073211.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 68
  • rps20160518_073512.jpg
    rps20160518_073512.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 69
rps20160518_081742.jpg This is the super market at the back of the bus station which has been used as the work place of Marina. One scene that springs to mind is when Barry has been given the task of delivering a note from Howard to Marina but he gives it to Eli instead to give to Marina but he gets it wrong and we all know the outcome.

Last edited:
Morning Marriana,
I must admit I didnt really notice anything that was recently done. Perhaps it was the patch of grass that leads down to the church. As you can see from the photo there is something being marked out with sticks and string, next to the grave.

Here is the world famous Betting shop that Compo frequents all too often and the second picture shows the street its in, thats also been is used very often. Note the betting shop at the centre and The Elephant and Castle pub up at the top. Around the corner from the pub there is the bridge where Nora's and Compo's houses are situated. This street is very narrow but the traffic never stops, originally this road was the main thorough fair through the town until the main road was built as it is now.

Attachments

• rps20160519_080143.jpg
    rps20160519_080143.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 67
  • rps20160519_080219.jpg
    rps20160519_080219.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 65
Two images of Daisy Lane Book Shop. Its not changed over the years, mind you its such a small area nothing could. The couple in the one photo are being shown, by the the owner, where Nora and Compo's houses are.

Attachments

• rps20160519_092753.jpg
    rps20160519_092753.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 63
  • rps20160519_092657.jpg
    rps20160519_092657.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 67
Morning Marriana,
I must admit I didnt really notice anything that was recently done. Perhaps it was the patch of grass that leads down to the church. As you can see from the photo there is something being marked out with sticks and string, next to the grave.

He probably was just planting grass, then. That was the ideal time of year for it.

Anybody know if this building was ever used? Its situated above Holmfith by the track they walked a lot and where the Holmfirth view is taken. I remember the shelter they used in Victoria Park, which now isnt there but not sure about this building.

Attachments

• rps20160519_154828.jpg
    rps20160519_154828.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 63
Thank's again for the lovely photo's Dave. Don't recall that building at the moment, but i'm sure someone on the forum will know.

Back