Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries movie!

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

For those who are fans of charming Aussie miss Phryne Fisher (Essie Davis) and her detective skills we have some good news. Seems some movie producers have put up a kickstarter page to help gauge interest and help partially fund a new movie.

The interest has been great! They originally tried to raise $200k in thirty days and have almost doubled that in less than a week. Wow. Reminds me of when the fans for the sci-fi show Firefly got together and funded the movie Serenity.

I'm thinking of chipping in a few quid.

Here is the link to the article I first found out about it. Got recommended to me because I did a search the other day trying to remember the name of the show so I could queue it up on Netflix again. Uncanny, serendipitous timing.
https://startsat60.com/news/celebrity/fans-raise-thousands-for-miss-fishers-murder-mysteries-movie

Here is the crowd funding page.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/468758721/miss-fisher-the-movie/

Cheers,
Rick

I have all of Series 1 downloaded. Are there more?

No idea how or where I got these as I cannot find them
on RARGB or PirateBay.

There are 3 series of Miss Fisher made for TV Chuck that I know of. Netflix has all three series on DVD and streaming last I checked. Can verify the DVD's as I have them in queue. Pretty sure I watched them on streaming a year or so ago. I dropped the streaming a little while back, may pick it up again.

The kickstarter is for making a movie on the big screen for her. I've read they are testing the waters on the first movie which has gotten good fan support so far and may make two more after this. I do not know on what continents it will be shown sometime next year or so. Hopefully DVD's or streaming of the movie(s) will be made available.

I really thought there might be more Miss Fisher fans on this site. Oh, well. I tried to share some exciting news :(. As Cleggy has said before 'I'll just wonder over here and talk to myself.' :oops:

You can buy Miss Fishers series 1-3 on Amazon in UK for £27.99, on the US Amazon site it is strangely $64.99 don't know quite why the price jumps to nearly double. We have a channel called UK Drama part of the UKTV channels and it shows all sorts of classic UK shows including something called Last of the Summer Wine they were broadcasting Miss Fisher however, its now available on Alibi [channel 200 on Virgin not sure if its same number on Sky] . Episodes series 1 episode 11 and 12 are on today at 16:00 and 17:00 for anyone who wishes to give it a viewing . Looking through the schedule they seem to only air on a Sunday . Next weekend it's series 1 episode 13 at 15.00 then at 16.00 its series 3 episode 1 and episode 2 at 17:00 .

Our library does have all three series on DVD,
but not in a format that I can copy. The files
are twice as large as I can process. But we have
taken them all out and played them.

But we do have all of series 1 on our own disks
in a playable format.

@Chuck
MakeMKV program will give you the vids from DVD in the MKV format. You mentioned file size limit and I think you said some time ago you were on an older version of Windows. Hope you are not still in FAT32 land :13:. If so you may want to consider the upgrade to NTFS to get around the 1 gigabyte limit. You can then re-encode then with RipBot, StaxRip, Handbrake or whatever you fancy to a more manageable size. On an older processor that may take awhile.

Back