moor fire

Whatever the crisis the UK seems unable to cope , look at the farce with flights being cancelled when the Beast from the East hit, during which you could hear the sniggering from other Countries who have far worse conditions and deal with it efficiently, You would think common sense would prevail especially with Children . Seen warnings today that people should take showers not baths to preserve water [Someone in the Express commented that they should take the shower that reside in the Houses of Parliament and dump them in a reservoir :eek:] . The funniest Statement on the situation was Matt's cartoon ,which commenting on the potential meat shortage because of the lack of CO2, shows a wife telling her husband that the Fire Brigade have said he needs to put his barbecue out ........... because there aren't any Sausages to put on it.

And today no trains in Yorkshire because the lightning damaged all the signalling right across the area - it is all controlled at York right up to Hellifield where there is still a real wooden signal box with mechanical levers and signals which are pulled off!!

And today no trains in Yorkshire because the lightning damaged all the signalling right across the area - it is all controlled at York right up to Hellifield where there is still a real wooden signal box with mechanical levers and signals which are pulled off!!

If I had been able to carry out my travel plans, I would have been trying to travel from Skipton to Huddersfield via Leeds this morning. I probably would have been looking for a combination of local buses and National Express coaches. Fortunately, I'm familiar with the areas I'd have been traveling through, so it would probably have been merely annoying.

Back