My Dad

Liana Lloyd

So my lovely Summerwine friends about 6 months back I posted that I hadn’t done anything for a while because busy doing an apprenticeship at 52 years old May I say and was going to go to Holmfirth to put a little surprise on compos grave - this year has proved my annus horibillius as for the last 3 months I have visited my lovely dad in hospital not expected thought he was going to pull through I told him in hospital we would take him
Back to Ulverston L & H and we would take him to Holmfirth I grew up watching LOTSW but it wasn’t to be on 19th 9ctober our world fell apart I’ve organised everything funeral finances transfer to my lovely mum it has been so stressful we laid him to rest on 16th November how I will survive I will never know

Very sorry for your loss, Liana. My heartfelt condolences to you and yours. I was emotionally crushed when each of my parents passed away as well. Cherish his memories, the lessons he taught you growing up, his dad jokes. It does take time for the grieving to heal and the pain you are feeling now to lessen. You are strong, you will make it through this. Be there for your mom as much as you can and cherish the time you have.

My deepest condolences, Liana. There's do getting around, or over grief. You just get through it in your own time and in your own way. Sending strengthening thoughts to help sustain you on your journey.

Sorry to hear of this Liana, I lost mine back in 2017 but cherish his memory every single day. I can only sum up it up as a hole that can never be patched over properly but mostly the wallpaper holds up enough to get you through the day. Take what solace you can in sharing memories and doing things you enjoyed together still.

So my lovely Summerwine friends about 6 months back I posted that I hadn’t done anything for a while because busy doing an apprenticeship at 52 years old May I say and was going to go to Holmfirth to put a little surprise on compos grave - this year has proved my annus horibillius as for the last 3 months I have visited my lovely dad in hospital not expected thought he was going to pull through I told him in hospital we would take him
Back to Ulverston L & H and we would take him to Holmfirth I grew up watching LOTSW but it wasn’t to be on 19th 9ctober our world fell apart I’ve organised everything funeral finances transfer to my lovely mum it has been so stressful we laid him to rest on 16th November how I will survive I will never know
Sorry to hear about your dad's death. It comes to all of us but that's no comfort is it other than you're not on your own. Life goes WHOOOOSH to quickly in my opinion. You kinda get the hang of things then BAM the twit with a scythe turns up.
Dear God get your act together. It's toooo short.

Take care Liana

Mike

Back