Mysterious Photograph

Adrian Morris

Dedicated Member
On the back of my Series 7 & 8 DVD there is a series of three photos. In the middle one there is Clegg, Compo and Foggy in Compo's house with Compo wearing the motorbike outfit from 'Enter The Phantom'.
On the right hand side is another photo showing a still from the same episode. But on the left photo there is a shot showing two guys with an upturned tin bath with a periscope sticking out of the bottom (though it could just be the end of the drain pipe).
The first guy appears to wear waders with a white T shirt underneath and the second guy appears to only wear waders as it looks like he isn't wearing a shirt.

Can anyone tell me which episode this still comes from as I cannot remember any of the guys being in such a situation in the series.

The DVD in question is a Region 4 (Australia and New Zealand).

I have the same set and hadn't noticed that before. It is NOT the "submarine" that Compo uses and surprises Howard & Marina.
It is simply a tin bath and what looks like a periscope is I am sure simply the drain pipe.
Off the top of my head I cannot remember the scene where two men are wading through armpit deep water with a tin bath upside down
carried above their heads. (actually just hiding their heads in the still photo)

The only other bathtub scenario I can think of is when Howard gets Marina a white cast iron bathtub as a gift. The guys put a set of antlers on it and a mop as a tail. They get caught when they almost walk through the ladies picnic area. Don't think they went through any water and that it was later on in the show some years after seasons 7 & 8 if I recall.

Are you able to post a picture of the image in question? If they are wearing flippers and in a cluttered outside area near a building it sounds a lot like a scene from 'Allo 'Allo in one of the attempts to smuggle the pilots out down through the canal with an upturned tin bath. Possible the images got mixed up? Or maybe just an early promo concept snapshot. My DVD set does not have the pictures you describe.

I have done a quick scan....the photo is less that 1" sq on the dvd jacket so it doesn't copy well.
Looking at it again it may be two extras or even film crew in the tub.
IMG.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Brian. This is what had me thinking 'Allo 'Allo. Very similar. I shrunk my pictures down a bit - don't know what the max size allowed is. A shame we cannot see any detail on the face of the guy up front.
test.jpg

Maybe someone has placed the wrong picture on the box, over the year there has been several errors on the DVD boxes

It certainly looks like the same or VERY similar tin bath Ric, but the two guys carrying it aren't in wetsuits just looks like shirt sleeves with a sleeveless pullover. As someone once said in a Russian accent..... Verrry Interestink!:fp:

Some of the other photos on the back of my DVD covers are stills from another LOTSW series which is not the series contained in the DVD's. Also the later ones I have a list of the cast on the back but some of them don't even star in the episodes depicted.

Some of the other photos on the back of my DVD covers are stills from another LOTSW series which is not the series contained in the DVD's. Also the later ones I have a list of the cast on the back but some of them don't even star in the episodes depicted.

As I mentioned earlier many mistakes made over the years on the DVD cases

It does look like something to do with Allo Allo.

Maybe the picture was taken during a rehearsal, or the two people are just crew members/stuntmen.

There have been some monumental cock-ups with video and DVD covers.

Back